Running thread

Tour of tameside complete, lots of hills, loads of fun, came 30th overall on the four races and 8th in my age group, delighted with that as there were a lot of "proper runners" on the tour.
Only problem now is I have 97.6km in for the week, hard to leave it at that and not go for the 100k.View attachment 22445
Nice to see you yesterday Gaz
Very impressive running that mate.
I enjoyed that Hyde 7 miler earlier although it was tough with the hills the downhills were very quick.

Nice to see you yesterday Gaz
Very impressive running that mate.
I enjoyed that Hyde 7 miler earlier although it was tough with the hills the downhills were very quick.
Yep you too mate, them there hills come as a bit of a shock to us flat earth runners from south manchester!!! Definitely be back for more next year though!!

Bit of a random question but have any of you ran from the Ancoats up Palmerston Street all the way up to the bridge at Councillor St?

F**k me. Incorporated a run from South Manchester to the Etihad and back and this absolutely b*******d of a road was hell. Slow and long incline that gets worse the further you go. At the top of the curve I felt like my run was on the spot. Still had 8k to go after it too. :(

Bit of a random question but have any of you ran from the Ancoats up Palmerston Street all the way up to the bridge at Councillor St?

F**k me. Incorporated a run from South Manchester to the Etihad and back and this absolutely b*******d of a road was hell. Slow and long incline that gets worse the further you go. At the top of the curve I felt like my run was on the spot. Still had 8k to go after it too. :(
Haha nope I havent had a go yet, but might have to soon, after your review!!

Haha nope I havent had a go yet, but might have to soon, after your review!!
Strava said my elevation for the whole run was 50m, the road was 20m of that. Not used to that kind of thing. For the guys who do nothing but hills on here, that's a walk in the park but for us city dwellers that's a b*gger.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.