Leicester (N) - Community Shield | Pre-Match Thread

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised we haven’t reached 20k at least. With having no football for over a year etc…
I know we’ve been Wembley plenty of times but still I try to have the mentality it’s the 1st time. Thought I’d never see the place only 10 years ago . Going to look shocking , doesn’t help that it’s on ITV either .

I think someone else has already mentioned it but just as a reminder the M6 has major roadworks with closures around junction 10 from the 09th - 12th August. M6 toll will be probably busy
The game is in London, it’s a glorified friendly and the kick off time is ridiculous for people wanting to do it in a day.

Surprised we haven’t reached 20k at least. With having no football for over a year etc…
I know we’ve been Wembley plenty of times but still I try to have the mentality it’s the 1st time. Thought I’d never see the place only 10 years ago . Going to look shocking , doesn’t help that it’s on ITV either .

I think someone else has already mentioned it but just as a reminder the M6 has major roadworks with closures around junction 10 from the 09th - 12th August. M6 toll will be probably busy
Easy choice for me, Wembley for a friendly with all that crap you need to do or Spurs week after (granted may still need to do said crap) for a competitive match. With how avanti are running the trains can’t be doing with that two weeks in a row

quite poor really.

quite poor really.
Easy choice for me, Wembley for a friendly with all that crap you need to do or Spurs week after (granted may still need to do said crap) for a competitive match. With how avanti are running the trains can’t be doing with that two weeks in a row
I understand many people have reasons for not going but still I thought we would still conjure up 20k. The novelty has definitely worn off for most fans , add the COVID factor in I suppose 12k is par the course.

oh and just to cheer people up, forecast is it’s pissing down all day on Saturday

Last edited:
I've got a covid vaccination proof letter, from the Nhs. Is that enough for wembley?

Looking at the blocks and capacity of each I think it will get closer to 16k. I'm going, but I'm old school. One day I may wake up and Wembley never happens again and after 40 years of never going - went twice in the fa cup against the spud in 81- I always make the effort, but it is what it is. A friendly in London on a Saturday night which is live on TV during a Pandemic so get why some people will give it a miss. I'm more bothered when people don't turn up for ALL the home matches. Now that winds me up. Glory hunters the fkg lot of them...I

Gotta prove your healthy to go to a game of football. Who’d of thought it. Cba with the first Etihad game back gonna be a fucking nightmare

Looking at the blocks and capacity of each I think it will get closer to 16k. I'm going, but I'm old school. One day I may wake up and Wembley never happens again and after 40 years of never going - went twice in the fa cup against the spud in 81- I always make the effort, but it is what it is. A friendly in London on a Saturday night which is live on TV during a Pandemic so get why some people will give it a miss. I'm more bothered when people don't turn up for ALL the home matches. Now that winds me up. Glory hunters the fkg lot of them...I
We're going too seen two games live in last 18 month's that said they were two finals but chance of day out with mates watch a game at Wembley to good to pass up £25 for tickets night in Holiday Inn £43 each with breakfast doing RAF museum on way home company petrol so bit of a result. :-)

Itv information has it as Lee Dixon and Matterface on commentary, god help those watching it on TV.

Away from that my check in time at the hotel de wembley stadium is 15:45 however I’ll probably still be in The Torch, where’s everybody else loading up before kick off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.