Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having slept on this, not sure I want him as much as I previously did. My reaction yesterday, and my thinking for the last year, is that getting him was a no brainier and we should pursue every avenue.

But I’m really happy with the Grealish signing and I’ve been excited about Kane. Yes, Messi is on another level, but signing him would put the club under a spotlight of unprecedented expectation. Also as good as he is, I loathe the media circus of the past year.

Happy with us giving it a go with a group of predominantly English players who have never won the big prize. And whilst I certainly won’t complain if he does join, I won’t complain if he doesn’t either

The 2 years make sense as that is what Pep currently has left. Question is, is this a new offer of the one left on the table?

given that last year's offer was supposedly 3 years here and 2 in NY. i'd say this one is new. IF there is any truth whatsoever to either of them, obviously.

This is why I consider Messi to be the undisputed GOAT.

That amount of goals and he’s not even an all out striker. He’s as skilful, talented and creative as Maradona was outside the box as well.

It’s why I’ve never understood the Ronaldo comparisons. The only way they’re comparable is in goal scoring exploits but Messi is light years ahead in terms of his overall play.

6D20F0E9-44BB-41FE-BF00-63EA326CE847.jpeg

OK, here's an (extremely unlikely) scenario that I'd like your views on:

Messi says to that he'll come to City and fit into the pay structure but that he has one, SOLE condition : we must add vertical white stripes to our home kit for 3 years, so as to resemble the Argentina kit.

Do we say yes, or tell him to f*ck off ?

(I ask as I'm joking with an Argentinian colleague of mine that we might do that if he signs).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.