Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pressured oxygen from a CPAP machine reduces ventilator need
12 on CPAP machines reduces the need for 1 ventilator as compared to nasal oxygen.
I'm surprised it took them this long to do the research to be honest.
Great news but...
Very few nurses are trained to use them.

Promising drug development work in Israel/Greece though still very early days.
https://www.jpost.com/health-scienc...-new-israeli-drug-discharged-in-5-days-675961
That looks very hopeful.

Glad someone was tackling the cytokine storm as it has had a huge impact in turning mild cases into killers. We heard a lot about it in the early days and zilch since.

BUt if this stops the immune system killing people by accident after over reacting to fight Covid that could be the drug to turn Covid into a very manageable illness alongside the vaccines.

I hope international trials are urgently brought forward. We need this drug if it works.

With respect that is just ridiculous.

I post ALL the data - including the ages of those who die every single day in England - and get told I am posting too much.

I answer your question as fully as possible given it was an impossible one to answer as every death is different and get told this thread is sensationalising.

Of course it is not common. Nobody said it was.

But that impression that not common means will not happen is exactly what all those bold and brazen naysayers on vaccine were saying.

Just before they died.

Or, as importantly, caught covid, did not die but killed one of their more vulnerable relatives by passing it on. Because YOU might be less likely to die at 18 if you catch it but given the ages of those catching Delta MANY times more likely to spread it to those that will.

Sensationlism starts with an S.

So does selfishness.
How am i selfish? I asked a question.
Your data has been appreciated but i stopped reading it weeks ago because … well, ive done my bit, im doing my bit, but im also cracking on and living my life and not getting bogged down with it all anymore. I Dont think its healthy mentally for me/people to do so any more.
i try and stay away from this thread and ill continue to do so , it can be a cartel sometimes

How am i selfish? I asked a question.
Your data has been appreciated but i stopped reading it weeks ago because … well, ive done my bit, im doing my bit, but im also cracking on and living my life and not getting bogged down with it all anymore. I Dont think its healthy mentally for me/people to do so any more.
i try and stay away from this thread and ill continue to do so , it can be a cartel sometimes
I did not say that YOU were selfish. I was referring to those campaigning to not have a vaccine because they perceive a small risk.

As it is not only about THEM having it but the ones around who may be at more risk.

But I have consistently said I am opposed to making the vaccine compulsory. It should be your decision.

As for not reading the data - as I said last night (if it was not axed!) I do not expect more than a few to do so now. And I think the time is coming soon when none of us will.

Different people will reach that point of equilibrium with Covid sooner than others according to their own circumstances. All well and good and as it should be.

Last edited:
SCOTLAND DATA

GOOD & BAD TODAY

9 deaths - was 9 last week

1386 cases - was 1018 cases last week - Bit of an increase here

6.3% positivity - was 4.9% last week - this is even more of a concern.

359 patients - down from 367 yesterday & 445 last week

41 ventilated icu - down from 54 yesterday & 64 last week

THAT HOSPITAL DATA IS GOOD NEWS AND THAT VENTILATED BED DROP A BIG SURPRISE IN ONE DAY.

BUT THAT WILL ONLY BE THE STORY OF TODAY IF THE RISE IN CASES WE SEE HERE DOES NOT CONTINUE AS SURE AS EGGS ARE EGGS THAT WILL QUICKLY TURN INTO A RISE AGAIN IN PATIENTS AND ICU VENTILATED BEDS.

NORTHERN IRELAND DATA

6 deaths - was 8 last week

1349 cases - was 1177 last week

ALL WE GET AT WEEKENDS

In the Netherlands, new cases stand at 2,448 (below the seven-day average of 2,596) and hospital admissions stand at 66 (below the seven-day average of 70). Cases were 3,353 on Thursday, so they appear to be going up and down rather than dropping steadily.

19 people were admitted to ICU yesterday and there were 9 deaths, both figures up on previous days.

Wales do not post data today. Tomorrow we get Friday. Monday we get today& tomorrow in one go.

England hospital data also not posted until Monday when we get all three days data.

SO

Deaths from the two nations are 15 today versus 17 last week. Which is good news as it is a small drop.

That became 71 last week after England added 55 (one of the 17 was discounted)

Cases from the two nations - though - are 2735 today. A big score without Wales. Not boding well for later.

Last week it was 2195. England then added 23, 949 to total 26, 144

Yesterday England added 28, 321 to UK Total of 31, 808.

There are around 21.5 million people in the 16-44 age range in England(*), so 16 deaths means you had a 0.0001% chance of dying a death 'involving' Covid.

(*) The ONS data on this topic covers the 16-44 age range.
Haha that stat is ridiculous!

Your percentage would only make sense if every single one of the 21.5m people in that age bracket had Covid in the same 5 day time period as the 16 that died from it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha that stat is ridiculous!

Your percentage would only make sense if every single one of the 21.5m people in that age bracket had Covid in the same 5 day time period as the 16 that died from it.
QUOTE :- 16 people under the age of 40 have died in the past 5 days of Covid in England hospitals alone.

This is where the number 16 came from but missed the rather significant next few words.

Those 5 days being during a period where deaths are around 80 a day instead of at least 800 a day as they were in the last big wave BEFORE the vaccines.

And are only not 800 a day now because of those vaccines.

And that 16 would also be much higher also for the same reason.

Not getting at anyone I stress Very easy to get lost in numbers. I make mistakes in the data I post here every day or two.

Just noting statistics can and often are very easy to misunderstand as to their significance and you can easily by accident - let a lone on purpose - make them seem to mean many things they are often not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.