Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could understand Barca's lawayers going after LaLiga claiming their rules put spanish clubs at a disadvantage (which in theory they do) but trying to block an ex player from signing for another club... which court are they hoping to submit this to...?
Rob Rinder or Judge Judy

Said the same thing last night about him paying for himself. People just don't seem to understand how much money the messi brand brings in. You can pay him £1 million a week and he's still making the club money. Signing Messi on a free transfer gets you the best player on the planet at zero cost and a shit tonne of money, there's zero negatives.

Were not the only club that can afford him though, any of the top 6 could comfortably offer him a contract he would just laugh at all but 2/3 of them.
Surely any club in the world can afford him if it’s factually correct that he would make the club more than he’s paid?

Not sure I believe that’s an entirely true statement about him bringing the club more than he earns

I could understand Barca's lawayers going after LaLiga claiming their rules put spanish clubs at a disadvantage (which in theory they do) but trying to block an ex player from signing for another club... which court are they hoping to submit this to...?

It’s a lawyer from Barcelona not a Barcelona FC lawyer I think - genius if that’s the case as it’s great PR.

I really hope that as we appear to be putting up no fight whatsoever for Messi, it means the club know.. or at least are convinced... that Kane will be a city player very soon

point 1. They play opposite sides, they are also mates so I doubt he cares about who is top dog.
2. he's 34, I don't think he is bothered about learning from a new manager, also I'd argue it's a step up from Koeman and most of Barca's recent managers anyway.
3. Doubt he will mind, Champions league is their main aim anyway.
4. people will care cos it's Messi.

I honestly doubt any of those points will come into his thinking much, I feel it will be more making sure he does the best for his family.

Agree with everything, other than Poch being a step up from Koeman, who has after all won things.

Sky went downhill around 5 years ago. They’re making more and more people redundant and taking on cheaper labour, in many cases trying to get praise as diversifying.

they have had to cut costs because they overpaid for the tv rights but now they’ve cut programming other than the actual live games there is very little to support the subscription.

they would be better off just admitting it and just offering subscriptions on an event basis
They had one of the lads on from citytv, I'm sure he's called Kyle walker and he talked really well, seen him on the citytv app doing stuff, likeable kid he is but you could see the look in his eyes thinking I'm surrounded by nobheads.
He put forward our case for getting Messi but it got quickly buried by the others talking nonsense.

Easy and safe option, both initially and throughout. But I do feel PSG would have tried to get this through quickly. Before it gets conpared to any other option.

If we believe that he really was up for coming here last year, convinced his family, made up his mind, surely a part of him will want to rule that out properly having already mentally and emotionally crossed that bridge once.

Maybe on initial reaction he thought we were no longer there and went straight for PSG on offer, but now with feelings settling, he is willing to give it a bit of time and test it. Despite us publicly saying we are not interested, if there is any communication with his camp, I bet they wouldn't rule it out off hand.

Still expect him to go to PSG mind you.
Exactly how I see it, word for word.

I really hope that as we appear to be putting up no fight whatsoever for Messi, it means the club know.. or at least are convinced... that Kane will be a city player very soon

I get the feeling that Messi has batted his eyes at us then failed to follow through on to many occasions and that the last occasion was the last straw and we wouldn’t take him if he now rocked up on the doorstep with his bags and his dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.