Aston Villa Thread - 2021/22

Most fouled player though. Presumably some of those might be dives, not "true fouls", but similar to Neymar in that players deliberately and persistently target him for tactical fouls. We don't have any players anywhere close to him on the list, will be interesting to see how he adapts to our style of play.

He runs with the ball much more than the average player, which probably accounts for the foul stats. As for diving, most likely he has his colleagues woeful shooting in mind, so a free kick is the better option. Mind you, woeful shooting is a City speciality too.

He runs with the ball much more than the average player, which probably accounts for the foul stats. As for diving, most likely he has his colleagues woeful shooting in mind, so a free kick is the better option. Mind you, woeful shooting is a City speciality too.
Glad you didn't mention penalties!

Glad you didn't mention penalties!
Super Jack could get a serious injury one day if he dosnt get better ref protection . When in possession the only way to get the ball off him is to give away a foul.

Hi villa fan here , all villa fans are hurt and gutted Jack has left the club. Remember we have had 10 years of generally dire football and been down to the championship for a couple of seasons. Things got better last season. Jack has been the shining light during this time. Look after him he is going win a lot of trophies at city. City are not a plastic club would not worry about comments from other fans they are only jealous of your rich owners,there are a lot of Liverpool , Utd fans where I live in Tamworth these are the plastic fans IMO.
Thanks for the nice words and welcome to Bluemoon.

It's always great to see supporters of other teams on here, provided they are respectful and not on the WUM. I hope you enjoy your time here.

It was thanks to HRH that we were able to make the jump to the "top table" of the Premier League and European football, but we have been making a sustainable profit for almost a decade now, because of the brilliant leadership of Khaldoun and his team at the head of the club.

Despite our financial clout, I find it a little sad that the richest clubs can cherry-pick the best talent from other teams. I know it’s been that way at least since the 1930s, when Arsenal took Herbert Chapman and several players from Huddersfield, but the gap between the haves and have nots has never been bigger, and it’s still growing.

I was very impressed with Jack during the Euros, but he should have played more, especially in the final. I think he will be a great addition to the City squad.

It’s like your beautiful wife has left you for a more handsome richer man and now wants divorce. There is a thin line between love and hate for some villa fans. Time will be the healer.I personally want Jack to do well at city.We shall soon see the front 3 of Grealish Foden and Kane at city the players that Safegate would not pick together but most England fans would have loved to see.
Safegate; I like that, as it describes him to a T.

Most fouled player though. Presumably some of those might be dives, not "true fouls", but similar to Neymar in that players deliberately and persistently target him for tactical fouls. We don't have any players anywhere close to him on the list, will be interesting to see how he adapts to our style of play.

I’ve said before, but Grealish will no longer be the most fouled player in the Premier League.

Not a fucking chance!

I’ve said before, but Grealish will no longer be the most fouled player in the Premier League.

Not a fucking chance!
It was evident at Wembley. The first run with the ball he made, he was fouled but the ref couldn't wait to wave 'no foul'. Before signing for us, it would have been called foul 100 times out of a 100.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.