It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven’t seen any of the Indiana Jones movies. Are they good?
First one is excellent. The chemistry between the leads works, and there's barely a single action scene that isn't in some way memorable.
The second one falls far short of the high levels for direction and editing set by the first but has some decent action. Why they chose to do an about turn on the female lead, replacing Karen Allen's rough and hardboiled Marion Ravenwood with a shrieking and almost useless counterpart for indy, is beyond me. Short Stop is pointless and there's borderline racism, definitely some high water mark patronising colonialist crap at points. Even without that, the story is generally pretty naff.
The third is a winner. Strong character actors everywhere, amazing chemistry between Connery and Ford, and a double crossing female lead, wrapped up in a hokum story about growing old that at least has something to say for itself.
The reboot was just junk, I'm afraid.

First one is excellent. The chemistry between the leads works, and there's barely a single action scene that isn't in some way memorable.
The second one falls far short of the high levels for direction and editing set by the first but has some decent action. Why they chose to do an about turn on the female lead, replacing Karen Allen's rough and hardboiled Marion Ravenwood with a shrieking and almost useless counterpart for indy, is beyond me. Short Stop is pointless and there's borderline racism, definitely some high water mark patronising colonialist crap at points. Even without that, the story is generally pretty naff.
The third is a winner. Strong character actors everywhere, amazing chemistry between Connery and Ford, and a double crossing female lead, wrapped up in a hokum story about growing old that at least has something to say for itself.
The reboot was just junk, I'm afraid.
I can answer that for you, mate. Kate Capshaw is the director's (Steven Spielberg's) wife. Makes more sense now doesn't it?

Why are our fans so bothered about the money? Fuck sake have some of you lot not had enough of reading or hearing shite by other fans and pundits on how high our spend is and what not? Just try to enjoy this moment and enjoy if/when these transfers happen. We will hear it enough times during season via commentators next as to how much our fucking XI is, how much the bench is etc etc. Don't join the circus yourselves. Not trying to belittle anyone btw, just asking that we all just enjoy and be not too overly critical of something good happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.