It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not harsh, it's bang on.

He was moaning to journalists back in Holland last season that he wasn't getting chances, despite him repeatedly injured.

Ake reminds me of a lot of poor central defenders who play right on the margins between success and failure.

Usually, because they don't have the positional nous or recovery pace to avoid last-ditch situations.

As stated, he reminds me of Garcia but with better heading ability from set-pieces.

At least with Kane in the team, we should be near unbeatable at defending corners.
Aye, he's all a bit Ricky Dunne isn't he?

It's not harsh, it's bang on.

He was moaning to journalists back in Holland last season that he wasn't getting chances, despite him repeatedly injured.

Ake reminds me of a lot of poor central defenders who play right on the margins between success and failure.

Usually, because they don't have the positional nous or recovery pace to avoid last-ditch situations.

As stated, he reminds me of Garcia but with better heading ability from set-pieces.

At least with Kane in the team, we should be near unbeatable at defending corners.
How do you think our game will change in providing chances for him including presumably heading goals?

I am hoping we will have a new dimension when attacking that forces defensive changes against us.

If this is done as our resident ITK has intimated then when’s the deal done?
Before and too late to register him in time for Sunday, makes certain that the atmosphere on Sunday would be tasty indeed, hopefully we’ll win and watch them spuds fans turn on Levy.
After the game and Levy looks like a shrewd operator all round.
Last half hour against Norwich will be his debut, starts against the Tarquins.

i do too, he has hardly been fit or trained much since he got here , he is quick and can pass foward , hopefully is now settled , funny that people judge players in pre season

I thought he played really well against Leicester, but then obviously messed that up with the mistake at the end.

Mistakes that cost games don't tend to get ignored. He had played well that aside though.

Aye, he's all a bit Ricky Dunne isn't he?

Good comparison. Another defender who couldn't sort his feet out right and ended up with the all-time OG record for a reason.

Ake is far too noticeable in the back line simply because he doesn't squeeze the play, likes to hang back, probably because he doesn't trust himself.

Maybe it is confidence, because Stones was doing exactly the same during his downturn, refusing to take responsibility and being exposed one on one?

But we knew Stones could do it, Ake has no such pedigree and wish we had held on to that £40m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.