UEFA to propose FFP replacement plan

Not much to go off yet as I'm not subscribed to read the rest but essentially you can only spend 70% of revenue on wages and you are luxury taxed if you go over with the taxed money redistributed evenly.

So now it looks like they're going from:
'You can only spend this much but pay the players whatever you want'

to:
'Spend whatever you want but you can only pay the players this much'

It's a proposal that will affect Real Madrid and Barcelona more than us imo. So for that reason it'll never get through.

Or if it does get through, Real, Barca and Uefa will ignore it. It will only be pursued if it gives MCFC a kick in the bollocks so Dirty Dan can come onto the pavement on Ashton New Road to vilify the club and rehash the shite he spouted last time. I take it that Uefa are not interested in how much debt clubs amass as long as they salary cap. Sounds like a Uefa fudge.

If they want to make a difference then they should make agent fees only payable by the player not the clubs.
Ban signing on fees, ban any club in debt from making transfers. Do these 3 things and football will be a happier place
The first two are pointless. They'd only result in the same amount of agents and sign-on fees being paid in higher salaries to the player

OMG this is awful news for anyone trying to get into the champions league and staying there. Pretty much closes the door to them. I'm all for it since most of the league hates us anyway so screw them
well, yeah, but that's presumably the point. The 'big' clubs get to stay big

Most players are a company, just pay the company image rights and or sponsors to do the same. Loads of accounting ways round this esp if you have 50 players on the books.

The first two are pointless. They'd only result in the same amount of agents and sign-on fees being paid in higher salaries to the player

that's kind of true but it's far more transparent and it shows as wages rather than hidden costs of transfers that can cripple clubs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.