Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were singing Chelsea rent boy at him, something heard by us each season and at any other ground chelsea play or to some ex chelsea players, so in the context to this chant we a all horrible bastards then.

It has caused quite a debate online as to whether it should be heard anymore.

I do find many of them trying to claim it is a reference to Abramovich buying the club and not about a headhunter getting caught shagging male prostitutes quite pathetic, trying to negate the blame and deny they did it as usual.
I didn’t know what they had been chanting to be fair … I’ve heard that chant myself so people in greenhouses shouldn’t throw stones I guess

I stand by my point though… they are horrible bastards

I didn’t know what they had been chanting to be fair … I’ve heard that chant myself so people in greenhouses shouldn’t throw stones I guess

I agree with that sentiment as they are horrible bastarts ;-)

Also some of the sad cunts trying to deny it happened when it could be heard on telly and then some crying about norwich singing "sign on".

Just admit you sang it and stop deflecting the blame you wankers.

I wonder if Liverpool will do any more than condemn the chanting. Maybe they will be any fans that can be shown to be involved like Chelsea did with those that racially abused Raheem?

I won't hold my breath.

I do find many of them trying to claim it is a reference to Abramovich buying the club and not about a headhunter getting caught shagging male prostitutes quite pathetic, trying to negate the blame and deny they did it as usual.
To be fair, I'd never heard that story so I'd just assumed the rent boy insult was a standard taking the piss insult. I also never made the homophobic connection, because I figured the insult was more that you're getting paid for sex rather than being gay (like calling someone a whore). But I guess that's why it's important to bring this to people's attention.

I didn't hear the chanting whilst watching it on TV and didnt know what was being sung until I saw it posted here. Never even heard the "rumour" about the "headhunter".
...That said...there are these sort of chants from many groups of supporters across the land/s and so the people in glass houses line is very very relevent.
As I type this I am actually cringing at the memory of some of the chants I got involved in in my naive youth. At 16 and travelling away to London, joining in with stuff that I now almost 40 years later realise was appalling. You cannot be revisionist and just have to accept take the blame for being a twat "back in the day".
As Calvin said..."It was acceptable in the 80's"....but certainly not now.
.....So still a horrible bastard

Last edited:
To be fair, I'd never heard that story so I'd just assumed the rent boy insult was a standard taking the piss insult. I also never made the homophobic connection, because I figured the insult was more that you're getting paid for sex rather than being gay (like calling someone a whore). But I guess that's why it's important to bring this to people's attention.
I think there are 2 stories of it's origin, the one about one of their hooligans getting caught with rent boys and the other one that I always thought the song was aimed at which is that kensington has a red light district rumoured to be where MPs and such would visit

Either way I never thought it was a chant aimed as a slur or to insult gay people, just a piss take of chelseas location

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.