#21 | Ferran Torres - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He could play in the movie the invisible man. I have never seen a player vanish so much. Weird.

after euros I expected so much from him.

What makes you say that? I don't think he's particularly stood out in any position he's played.
Agree.

Wingbacks need to take on defenders one-on-one and beat them towards goal - I haven't seen this sort of skillset from Torres.

Torres does have a nose for goal and is a gifted poacher. In games where we're getting lots of crosses into the box - he'll likely score.

But other than poaching goals - Torres doesn't seem particularly gifted on the wing or playing striker.

He's young and might well improve and he's done enough to warrant a year or more so to see if he improves... he's a work in progress that may or may not pan out.

What makes you say that? I don't think he's particularly stood out in any position he's played.
Just seen him have a few good games for Spain in the position. It’s admittedly not a huge sample size but he just looks lost up front and very poor rw.

Still early days but he just doesn't do enough. He's never involved with the play enough and he's easily marked. I hope he'll get better, but now he feels a massive downgrade from what we previously had.

Just seen him have a few good games for Spain in the position. It’s admittedly not a huge sample size but he just looks lost up front and very poor rw.

Yeah I've only seen him play a few times for Spain so I can't really say.

I do actually think there's a really good player in there somewhere but, similar to Ake, he's not really shown it for us so far. I know he's got good finishing instincts and I liked some of the runs he made early on in the game but he's not got enough of a presence about him to cause any serious damage to a half decent defence. And when he's played on the wing for us, he's just done next to nothing.

His best position is as a leff winger (just a shame he will never play there for us). Harsh to judge him playing as a striker when he clearly isn’t one.
He's a professional footballer who plays for an elite club, he should be able to actually involve himself in the game no matter where he plays. Not one bit harsh to judge him on how he performs. In fact it's the only thing we can judge him on.
Verdict:- back to Spain with him.

I just don’t rate this lad at all, he doesn’t seem to have anything about him that suggests he’ll either score or assist around 15 goals a season.

He‘s slow, physically weak and never beats his man. Doesn’t even have that killer first touch that Mahrez has either. He’s just not good enough for us in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.