Electric cars

I believe very much in climate change.

But, sorry to say - I bought a new Jeep Rubicon Wrangler recently.

Turns out that there are electric powered Jeep options available now... I didn't know this at the time of my purchase.

At any rate... availability of an electric vehicle to the design of my liking - read Jeep - is rather moot for me.

As a practical matter - I cannot purchase an electric vehicle. I'm retired, I live in a condo. There are not charging outlets in my condo.

Moreover, I like to take long trips from time to time - to remote destinations - to take week-long plus hikes.

All told - electric car infrastructure needs to be radically improved for me to consider purchase of such a car.

Which is a shame - because I'd gladly pay 20K more or so to be environmentally conscious.
===
Label me a hypocrite if you will.

But quite honestly it comes down to this - if the cost of going green far outstrips convenience/affordability - then some subset of those who wish to go green, will not do so.

You're environmentally conscious yet bought a Jeep?

Those things are closer to lorries than normal cars.

Almost anything bar a Hummer would've been better than a Jeep!

The owner of the company I work for has a Tesla
He drove from Glasgow to Birmingham with his charging points/coffee stops worked out, but at the final one all the charging points were out of order so he had to carry on his journey while ringing people to search for the nearest charging areas for him
As the battery life decreased the car then started shutting down to save energy. First the radio then air con, then his lights!
He eventually made it to the services on the m42 with about 4% battery life and brown skid marks in his underpants
How often do you need air con in a car fravelling from Glasgow to Brum?

I bought an MG5 and it arrived yesterday. It's an estate for those that aren't familiar. Got it NEW for £21K and my trade in was over valued by at least 1K. Reckon for a cash deal you could get it for £20K.

215 to 250 miles range, 7 year warranty and does between 4 to 5 miles per K/w which is just over 1p a mile on Octopus Go.

I bought an MG5 and it arrived yesterday. It's an estate for those that aren't familiar. Got it NEW for £21K and my trade in was over valued by at least 1K. Reckon for a cash deal you could get it for £20K.

215 to 250 miles range, 7 year warranty and does between 4 to 5 miles per K/w which is just over 1p a mile on Octopus Go.

be sure to keep us posted ref that range.

Took the wife's car for an MOT earlier - there was a queue of 4 cars in a line waiting to use the charge point. The front one was hooked up. Went back to collect the car @ 90mins later and the 4th one was just edging forward to hook up for a recharge. Might be a penny a mile - you may do 250 miles on one full charge - hope you have 2 hours spare in the day to recharge it.

be sure to keep us posted ref that range.

Took the wife's car for an MOT earlier - there was a queue of 4 cars in a line waiting to use the charge point. The front one was hooked up. Went back to collect the car @ 90mins later and the 4th one was just edging forward to hook up for a recharge. Might be a penny a mile - you may do 250 miles on one full charge - hope you have 2 hours spare in the day to recharge it.
I am fortunate enough to have my own drive and charge point. As you allude to, public charging could be time consuming and hit and miss.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.