Should there be international football at this stage of the season?

Shall we play for our country?

• Yes

Votes: 9 5.0%
  • No

Votes: 172 95.0%

• Total voters
Nay nay and thrice nay.
Greed is at the heart of everything football does these days. Pointless matches against Latvia Lichenstein and anyone else beginning with L

surely at some point, probanly whenever a european super league is formed, the top clubs will have the leverage to just set their own rules and say that the players either are never playing international football or its very limited ie just a world cup every 4 years and thats it - no friendlies or qualifiers

because i still think its mental that a business has a very very expensive asset that needs tailored management and maintenance and yet every couple of months they let this asset fuck off on full pay to play for another business and they often come back broken.

Its nonsense to have an internation break 3 weeks in to the new season. Especially just after a major tournament. also when did it extend to 3 games? I bet one is a completely unnecessary friendly.

Pointless friendly or opportunity for smaller associations to earn money from ticket sales and TV rights?

Same argument could be made for pre-season games in far away countries or testimonials.

Even putting aside the pandemic and my general feelings towards international football, it's barmy to play international games just as the new season starts. Waited ages for city to get back into action and then have to go cold turkey whilst we play Fuknutistan, who UEFA allow into the European competition because of definitely not brown envelopes.

Disrupts domestic leagues and new signings bedding in, disrupts tactics and fitness work, and reduces the overall quality of football on offer for viewers.

No.

Emphatically fucking NO!

I think it’s utterly fucking ridiculous. I hate international football interrupting the proper football season at any time through the season, but right at the start when there’s not even been a proper pre-season? FUCK IT OFF!

Completely agree with blue b4 above. If international football is to be played it should only be at the end of the seasons. Tournaments every other year with qualifying in the years between.

Oh wow lol. I voted Yes before I read the thread and can see that I'm the other side than most on this one.

I'm generally for any time that allows the national teams to get their squads together, and importantly for the domestic game, gives them a couple of weeks to bring young players into the skeleton squad that remains at the club in training and have them work with the boss/give the boss chance to look at them properly.

But I'm one of those country > club types and there only seems to be about 6 of us left now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.