Transfer Strategy

Or we could just 5 players to each get into double figures, supplement that with a few contributions from the centre backs and full backs and lo and behold we have scored over 80 goals again and are top of the league.

Pep said several weeks ago that there is very real possibility we would not be signing a new striker and that he was very happy with his squad. Why does everyone suddenly conclude a) Pep is lying and b) the Club’s management team don’t know what they are doing ?

I for one think he isn’t and they do.
that assumes our defence is as good as last year. Its almost impossible to replicate the defensive solidity we showed during Dec - Feb.

Thats why we need to be scoring more this year. Fans at grounds sees us concede more as the home teams will be better.

I think some are still downplaying what a fucking achievement it was to win the title last season given our start with no strikers to boot.

To replicate that is huge ask, absolutely huge

We are gonna need some Pep magic this season, no question about that.

Well for one pep isn’t going to come out in the media and say “I’m not happy with the players we have. Our strikers are terrible.”
I mean come on what do you expect him to say
Has it occurred to you that it might actually be true ?

Bought one of great young players in england in greelish,lost out on kane,but did put in enough in my eyes 130 mill is staggerin for a 28 year old,rightly so pulled away,this isnt over yet,and they will have another target,ronaldo definetley wasent it,as they dint even agree a fee or personal terms,was a none starter,just click bate,city know what there doin i have complete faith in them

Absolutely disgraceful transfer window so far. It’s appalling that we’ve left it so late to get a striker sorted. We seem incapable of getting the big ones over the line, whether that’s because big clubs hate us that much I’m just not sure. Can’t see anything changing in the next 4/5 days but ever hopeful.

that assumes our defence is as good as last year. Its almost impossible to replicate the defensive solidity we showed during Dec - Feb.

Thats why we need to be scoring more this year. Fans at grounds sees us concede more as the home teams will be better.

I think some are still downplaying what a fucking achievement it was to win the title last season given our start.
Our defence could actually be better than last year. We have two good options at right back, 3 great centre backs, we have Zinchenko at left back and option to play Laporte and/or Ake there. I would like to see more cover at DM. Fernandinho is definitely slowing down and Rodri can’t play every game but we are still pretty solid there.

I was at the game last week and even though it was only Norwich, I think Sterling, Mahrez, Torres and Jesus have a load of goals in them. Add good contributions form KDB, Gundo and Foden plus (I hope) the emergence of Delap and I can see us scoring a lot.

Absolutely disgraceful transfer window so far. It’s appalling that we’ve left it so late to get a striker sorted. We seem incapable of getting the big ones over the line, whether that’s because big clubs hate us that much I’m just not sure. Can’t see anything changing in the next 4/5 days but ever hopeful.
It's like letting the Three Stooges run our transfer policy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.