Txiki Begiristain

We waste our time buying players we don’t need, people like Ake and Cancelo - there‘s best part of £100mil on 2 players.

Then when it comes to decent players we need, we fuck about over a few million here and there, and then of course we get bumfucked by clubs who all hate our guts.

Utter shambles, and yes I think Txiki needs to go, we need to bust up the Catalan friendship group.

Will be interesting in 2 years when Pep leaves, does the Catalan friendship group also leave, if they couldn't achieve their ultimate target (champs league) with their chosen manager who they chased for years, who they trust implicitly, what hope for a new manager who maybe doesn't sing from their hymm sheet.

Sacking people is going too far but questions need to be asked. The succession plan was crap with all eggs in one basket which did not work out

Sorry but no, it’s not going too far.

It’s been one fuckup after another in the transfer market for far too long and Guardiola papers over so many cracks it’s ridiculous.

We’re an embarrassment in the market.

He’s got to go for me. I know it’s not *all* on him but ultimately the buck has to stop somewhere and it’s not going to be Guardiola or Khaldoon who walk, is it.

Will be interesting in 2 years when Pep leaves, does the Catalan friendship group also leave, if they couldn't achieve their ultimate target (champs league) with their chosen manager who they chased for years, who they trust implicitly, what hope for a new manager who maybe doesn't sing from their hymm sheet.

Surely to god the only reason the Catalan mafia are at City is because they’re Peps mates.

We’ve dominated football for years with him in charge. He’s done a pretty good job.

some proper entitled posts on here from fans who likely wouldn’t support us without the money

Mostly in spite of him, not because of him.

And piss off, I’ve been supporting city long before the money came in and I’ll be supporting them long after our time in the sun is over.

Mostly in spite of him, not because of him.

And piss off, I’ve been supporting city long before the money came in and I’ll be supporting them long after our time in the sun is over.

in spite of him in what way?

we’ve bought some great players and dominated football. Don’t get the hatred for him - transfer wise. Has it really been that bad.

triggered much?

It does feel doom and gloom I suppose because all seems to have happened at once, coupled with KDB, Phil out, losing to Spurs and at this minute Chelsea looking v. strong plus the rag wankfest.
But nevertheless, given Pep is likely gone in 1 year (his last one will be weird) and his successor won’t be as good - then who will be the striker that fronts the team up for several years? Like Kun did
Yeah it's been a shit week and I get that people are lashing out but too much of it is way over the top. Take the Pep situation. He gave a quote in an interview basically saying after this he will take a break and would like a go at coaching a national team. As he clarified today the timescale is not set in stone he could be sacked within 3 months or end up staying another 5 years, all that has to be played out.
I'm not saying everything should be done on a whim without strategic planning but whatever happened to appreciating what you have and living in the now?

I feel really torn this week… part of me is disappointed that we didn’t close neither Kane or Ronaldo, and it’s seems blindingly obvious that a striker and LB have been needed for 2 season (3 in the case of a recognised left back). It feels that we have departed from the strategy of the “type” of player we sign and there is an air of panic in our targets the past couple of seasons

yet we’ve broken the British transfer record on a talent that has the potential to be a mainstay for years

are we becoming entitled as fan base
(I include myself in that criticism) which is why I feel conflicted… but then the obvious hole(s) in our squad is there to be seen…

I was sure that after we let Aguero leave we’d have a replacement already lined up… I’d have put my mortgage on it…these glaring misses have to be down to Txixi or the clubs general transfer strategy

One of the problems is that we don't really know who is responsible. We do know that Khaldoon, Txiki, Pep and Ferran discuss targets, but we don't know who is actually responsible for the negotiations (if that is just one person), who makes the final decision and who decides that we need to move on from a negotiation that is going nowhere. Omar Berrada seems to be more involved in the general finances. Perhaps this is actually part of the problem, in that nobody feels that they have responsibility. Given Txiki's title, you'd imagine that he would take the lead, but that may not be the case. Sacking Txiki would probably result in Pep walking. I think that Txiki may get the boot once Pep leaves, and that may be sooner than we think, but I don't believe that anyone will be getting the sack before this season is up. If we don't have a successful season then I really can't see Pep taking up that +1 year option of his contract.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.