5-0, 5-0, 5-0?

Think we scored 5 (or more) in 3 consecutive in 17/18…
Chelsea did it in either 04/05 or 09/10…
But 5-0, 5-0, 5-0 don’t recall it being done previously. Saints & Burnley up next. Burnley fans refer to us as ‘Man City five’
And if Txiki had got his finger out an' got us a striker, a goal line poacher, a hyena in the goal area, it wouldn't have been such a struggle to bang in three five nils!

The centurions season didn't we score a 5, 6 and 7 (no idea what order) over 3 games?
My favourite was in 1963-64 over Christmas. City beat Rotherham 6-1, then Scunthorpe 8-1 and Scunthorpe away 4-2 in a week.

Jimmy Murray scored 8 goals (Two hat tricks and a double), Derek Kevan 5 goals, Matt Gray 3, Neil Young and David Wagstaffe 1 each.

Last edited:
My favourite was in 1963-64 over Christmas. City beat Rotherham 6-1, then Scunthorpe 8-1 and Scunthorpe away 4-2 in a week.

Jimmy Murray scored 8 goals (Two hat tricks and a double), Derek Kevin 5 goals, Matt Gray 3, Neil Young and David Wagstaffe 1 each.
The only spell from the '56 final to the title in '68 that brought a shred of joy!!

Think we scored 5 (or more) in 3 consecutive in 17/18…
Chelsea did it in either 04/05 or 09/10…
But 5-0, 5-0, 5-0 don’t recall it being done previously. Saints & Burnley up next. Burnley fans refer to us as ‘Man City five’
Imagine, 5 5-nils on the trot. Odds against it, but, doable.

It the wet lettuce Southampton show up, we'll shred them. (sorry couldnt resist)

Seriously though we could easily put a few past them and Burnley, at our place under Dyche have a worse record than Arsenal of late I suspect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.