Transfer Strategy

Why are you concerned about tight European games when we got all the way to the Champions League Final last year?

If you are referring to that one game in the season I seem to remember that the popular theory at the time was that the problem was that we played without a holding midfielder for the first time in the season.

This idea that we lost because we were lacking a striker is a recent revision in order to lambast the people that have that brought us a squad that won 3 of the last 4 premier league titles, took us within a game of the Champions League and won a record equalling 4th consecutive League Cup and has won more than any other English club in the last few years.

It is quite sad to see that sections of our fan base are already as entitled and arrogant as those the 'istree clubs.

Personally I'm agree we shouldn't be lambasting anyone because I think it's very hard to get the right player.

That said, it's not just the CL final I'd be referring to when I say a target striker would be a game changer in big games for us. We keep losing 1-0 to top teams because they've figured out that they can stop us scoring by defending deep and packing the box. Burnley can't pull it off but the better players at United, Chelsea, Spurs, Leicester are a different proposition. I think we'll see a few results like that again this season where the option to hit Ronaldo, Kane, Haaland in the box would have seen us break the block.

two of them are injured just now yet we still seem to be scraping through.

Jesus
Grealish
Silva
Gundogan
Mahrez
De Bruyne
Sterling
Torres
Foden

all of them perfectly capable of 10+ goals per season. 9 excellent players for 5 slots.
If we get any injuries which we probaby will we will be in trouble up front. And this is not last season because Chelsea have now got a world class striker as have Utd aswell Liverpool will be there aswell . I honestly don’t get were our transfer budget has gone because most of the grealish money was on player sales as was last years budget aswell surely we earn more than bloody Aston Villa who buy spend more every year . After last season when we nearly won everything we had a chance to really kick on and make a massive statement to the big teans but we have have failed to do so .

Why are you concerned about tight European games when we got all the way to the Champions League Final last year?

If you are referring to that one game in the season I seem to remember that the popular theory at the time was that the problem was that we played without a holding midfielder for the first time in the season.

This idea that we lost because we were lacking a striker is a recent revision in order to lambast the people that have that brought us a squad that won 3 of the last 4 premier league titles, took us within a game of the Champions League and won a record equalling 4th consecutive League Cup and has won more than any other English club in the last few years.

It is quite sad to see that sections of our fan base are already as entitled and arrogant as those the 'istree clubs.
Classic response which perhaps, fails to acknowledge that had we had an absolutely world class striker playing for us last season, we might have gone that 1 step further and won the final...plus the FA Cup. No-one is disputing the fact that we have done great in the last few years, it has been wonderful fun, mind you the run in to the 18/19 season was a bit more tense than most of us would have liked.
The fact is, the manager and management team who have led us to this golden era wanted to bring in the likes of Kane because they see such a move as being a step towards lifting the CL and winning even more. Pep wants it, that is good enough for me.
It's easy to say that a section of the support is "entitled" without having any concrete evidence but that's the way of the modern world these days, chuck a few insults around and then casually walk away....

But whether you like it or not Ronaldo will score a boat load of goals and they will right there at the finish . It’s not about signing Kane and Ronaldo its about letting your greatest striker leave and not even replace them even though everyone knows we are massively short upfront and also when the chairman even says we are gonna bring in a replacement and also getting to the champions league final you would have thought we would wanted to kick on to win it . Sorry but to bring no top striker in a fuck up an pep knows it aswell .Kane was overpriced at £150 million and Ronaldo didn’t fit our criteria but he would have scored for fun for us but she should have had better scouting of this position .
I have a gut feeling there is going to be a big signing today. Could it be City with either Haaland or Mbappe. Something is telling me City have someone lined up. Follow the last day of the transfer window. You just never know.

I have a gut feeling there is going to be a big signing today. Could it be City with either Haaland or Mbappe. Something is telling me City have someone lined up. Follow the last day of the transfer window. You just never know.

Do your Gut feelings normally materialise , or do they end up being a case of wind .

We will need midfielders soon. Unless Foden is put into midfield. Gundogan is 31 this year, kev is 31 next year, Fernandinho entering his last year here. We need to keep Bernardo hopefully we can convince him to sign a new deal instead of going.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.