New striker?

Final vs Liverpool
Final vs Chelsea
Quarters vs Leicester
Quarters vs Leicester
4th Round vs Wolves
Final vs Liverpool

That's the last 6 from what I can see. Half of them are finals against some of our biggest rivals. Even the others are later in the competitions against good sides.
Like I say it's weird as its hard not to go into them expecting the worst when you watch us take them in league games, but in shoot outs we just seem to win!
you've duplicated the scouser final (nice way to boost your stats, lol) - and that was way back in 2016. As I said, aside from the Chelsea final, the other recent ones are all early Carabou rounds.

Screenshot_20210831-081645.jpg
This could have been us, our brand would have skyrocketed in one day. Still can't digest we bottled both Messi and this ex rag.
Let's hope this keeps the Glazers for a very long time.

They dont take them cos they are crap at them. If everyone who took penalties scored them, then you could exclude them. That's clearly not the case for us. Are we going to ignore Ederson's huge punts up field that create attacks cos others don't do it?

1. I understand where you're coming from, but it wasn't the question I was answering. If I'm assessing Ederson's ability as a shot stopper, then his ability to kick the ball 100 yards is irrelevant. I was replying to a post suggesting that we had poor finishers at City, and my main point is that the differences, even with the players we were looking to buy were minimal.

2. Compared with Kane and Ronaldo, Sterling still comes out as the most clinical finisher with or without penalties.

3. We have other players who have a penalty record similar to Kane/Ronaldo, so it's not a huge loss. If we had Ronaldo taking penalties instead of De Bruyne/Gundogan, then he would score on average one extra penalty every four years.

4. Have a look at the maths again. Ronaldo, takes almost 9 shots before he scores a goal. City's "poor" penalty record over the same period was scoring 2 goals for every 3 shots (1.5 shots per goal). It's a different order of magnitude. That's why it skews the stats - particularly Ronaldos, because he takes pretty much every penalty.

The simple conclusion is that the magic "number 9" doesn't exist. The gain would be marginal at best, and too many people are looking at single missed chances in big games and thinking "Kane would have scored", when the truth is that even the best miss much more than they score.

you've duplicated the scouser final (nice way to boost your stats, lol) - and that was way back in 2016. As I said, aside from the Chelsea final, the other recent ones are all early Carabou rounds.
We beat Liverpool in the community shield and league cup on penalties. All I did was google the answer, not hard to do, and not quite sure why you find it so difficult to accept facts, there is no denying we've been good at penalty shoot outs in recent years, take a look for yourself if you must.

This was the first result on google:

View attachment 25536
This could have been us, our brand would have skyrocketed in one day. Still can't digest we bottled both Messi and this ex rag.
Let's hope this keeps the Glazers for a very long time.
When I was a four year old in 1990, and my old man took me to Maine Road for the first time, and I saw that big, bright green pitch and heard the noise, and saw how big the players were up close, and felt the thrill of a goal and a win and the heartbreak of conceding and defeat, I turned to him and said, "Dad, will we ever break Instagram records?".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.