For any member of the City Matters Committee

Its ironic the club talk about the "fan experience" but don't realize it starts way before you get to the ground.
I remember many years ago early-mid seventies when you could get a ticket at the travel agents in Sedgley Park, Prestwich (not many ) but still quite fan friendly thing to do
Used to be able to buy tickets on the day at Maine Road for most matches from the ticket office at the back of the North Stand.
From memory , I think you could pay on the turnstiles for the Kippax and Platt Lane (pre being used for away fans before it was developed) but had to have tickets for Main and North Stand.
One time I decided I would go in the Main Stand for a change (obviously not as far into my overdraught as usual) Tried to pay by cheque but they refused as they reckoned my signature didn't match the one on the back of my card (the only time that ever happened to me anywhere!!)
Just decided to pay by cash on the turnstiles at the Kippax instead . Really wished I hadn't bothered as it was the one when Roger Palmer scored a hatrick.
Great day that, the ticket office think I was trying to commit fraud and the team get battered 4:1 by bloody Oldham!!

Its ironic the club talk about the "fan experience" but don't realize it starts way before you get to the ground.
I remember many years ago early-mid seventies when you could get a ticket at the travel agents in Sedgley Park, Prestwich (not many ) but still quite fan friendly thing to do

As recently as a few years ago (Mancini era I think) City had a shop inside the Arndale and you could buy tickets from there.

Why they don’t still do this is baffling. Surely having a city centre store and ticket office is a no brainier?!

No idea why the City store closed but it’s very sad to see.

As recently as a few years ago (Mancini era I think) City had a shop inside the Arndale and you could buy tickets from there.

Why they didn’t still do this is baffling. Surely having a city centre store and ticket office is a no brainier?!

I assume that GMP would have had more than a say in that due to security problems (ie tickets getting into the wrong hands).

The ticket office at City has always seemed to work in strange ways.
Pretty sure one year you had to que up during an actual match to get tickets for the Kippax for the FA Cup quarter final against Liverpool (think it might have been a midweek match against someone like Hull?)
My brother did the honourable thing and stood in the que (as he lived nearer to Maine Road than me) whilst I watched the game.Think he missed pretty much the whole first half?

Peter's issues were on the pitch, not off it. That's why I demonstrated against him.

On the flip side, we've had over a decade of success on the pitch since Sheikh Mansour bought the club. As well as the investment he has plaughed into the club, the stadium, and the surrounding area. Hence why I can't understand why the club can't get the ticket office, etc, right, over a decade later.

We've raised it. They've admitted it's been poor.

Why they don’t still do this is baffling. Surely having a city centre store and ticket office is a no brainier?!

May be because some Rags steamed in one day and wrecked the shop.

The ticket office at City has always seemed to work in strange ways.
Pretty sure one year you had to que up during an actual match to get tickets for the Kippax for the FA Cup quarter final against Liverpool (think it might have been a midweek match against someone like Hull?)
My brother did the honourable thing and stood in the que (as he lived nearer to Maine Road than me) whilst I watched the game.Think he missed pretty much the whole first half?

The ticket office at MR had 6 windows.

1630448670051.jpeg

1630448108781.jpeg

1630448134435.jpeg

I think the Etihad ticket office has 9 or 10 windows.

1630448343952.jpeg

We live in times when some people are prepared to pay anything from £7k to £15k to be able to look at multi millionaires through a one way mirror for a few minutes every couple of weeks.

That's the club's target market. The 'legacy fan' is little more than an irritation to them, and they seem to assume that we'll just keep coming back for more whatever is thrown at us.

The sad thing is, any such assumption is probably correct. It's the little things that will eventually grind people down.

If the City Matters panel can't even get the club to issue minutes of meetings over general 'off pitch' concerns of supporters, what's the point of even trying to communicate with them?

Manchester City 'legacy' supporters are victims of the success of the City Group. If they'd got their way over the Super League, everything below hospitality would be cast aside within 5 years...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.