For any member of the City Matters Committee

I think that all needs to go when they expand the North Stand (like they did the South) and plans were that the City Store would then get integrated in the stadium around ground level within that expansion ... So basically City Square would get pushed out to where the store is now or behind it (if it is kept) and the stand expanding outwards would take up all that space that's currently the CitySq ...
City Square needs fucking off. Absolutely biz. Utter embarrassment.

PB.

It's all good and well discussing issues with the directors and the club. But if issues that are brought up time and again on here and across the fan base aren't improved by the directors and the club, what's the point in bringing the issues up and discussing them, if nothing get's done about them?

People on here have complained for years about the ticket office and the service it offers. Rather then the ticket office improving after all the constant complaints, meetings with the club, and the club reading the forum/threads, we all know it does, the general concensus on here is the ticket office and the service it offers has got worse, not better.

What other business makes it's customers wait for hours on the phone to speak to someone? Waiting with no idea where they are in the queue, and how long they'll have to wait for the next available person to speak to, and all you hear is (shite) music played on a loop. Lines get cut off after people have been waiting an age to speak to somebody. Emails aren't answered. Etc. It's absolutely sh*t customer service. It's appalling. The directors and club are fully aware of the problems, but they have done little or nothing to improve the problems.

Maybe the club are cost cutting? Maybe the club are streamlining? Maybe the club just doesn't give a f*ck and are happy with the service the ticket office offers? Why don't you ask them and find out what they really think?
This. Is. It.

We live in times when some people are prepared to pay anything from £7k to £15k to be able to look at multi millionaires through a one way mirror for a few minutes every couple of weeks.

That's the club's target market. The 'legacy fan' is little more than an irritation to them, and they seem to assume that we'll just keep coming back for more whatever is thrown at us.

The sad thing is, any such assumption is probably correct. It's the little things that will eventually grind people down.

If the City Matters panel can't even get the club to issue minutes of meetings over general 'off pitch' concerns of supporters, what's the point of even trying to communicate with them?

Manchester City 'legacy' supporters are victims of the success of the City Group. If they'd got their way over the Super League, everything below hospitality would be cast aside within 5 years...
Hi LP. I think you are correct on the target market. Most ‘super clubs’ have gone / will go the same way. The great unwashed supporter with their heads full of the romance of the 60/ 70/80/90s will be squeezed out.

it’s the way of the world ….. but, only if the world was run by bean counters and marketing folk. The club does not need to disenfranchise the FOCs, the legacy fans but it’s choosing to and its really depressing.

Many like you (and I like to think me) have done our time. if City were more enlightened they would find a way to look after the interests of the old fans and the new breed. its not too late and I do hope they wake up quickly.

Some matters rep posted about a meeting between the Norwich & Arsenal game last week that the new head guy was genuinely shocked at how the experience was perceived by the average fan and what the problems were for us.

I did suggest the reps should advise him to get out of his padded seat and have a proper matchday experience from the queue search through via buying a beer, going to the normal bogs etc to the tram back to town and bring Big Kal along too, a sort of Undercover Boss.

Now we all know that's never going to happen, there's no reason why it shouldn't but it won't. He could just ring his own customer services while sat in his office to find out how poor it is but again he'd likely farm that out to a junior who just kiss his bum and tell him everything is fine.

Until these people have first hand experience of what we have to put up with fuck all will change.

City matters is a great idea in principle but has also been a failure and is the embodiment of why the club has no idea what it's doing (going over old ground) but carving ticket allocations up for just one thing should have seen a mass resignation, certainly if I'd been arsed to put my name forward I'd have been away at that point but each to their own.

To summarise the suits need to get out more.

Sleepless rant over.

Some matters rep posted about a meeting between the Norwich & Arsenal game last week that the new head guy was genuinely shocked at how the experience was perceived by the average fan and what the problems were for us.

I did suggest the reps should advise him to get out of his padded seat and have a proper matchday experience from the queue search through via buying a beer, going to the normal bogs etc to the tram back to town and bring Big Kal along too, a sort of Undercover Boss.

Now we all know that's never going to happen, there's no reason why it shouldn't but it won't. He could just ring his own customer services while sat in his office to find out how poor it is but again he'd likely farm that out to a junior who just kiss his bum and tell him everything is fine.

Until these people have first hand experience of what we have to put up with fuck all will change.

City matters is a great idea in principle but has also been a failure and is the embodiment of why the club has no idea what it's doing (going over old ground) but carving ticket allocations up for just one thing should have seen a mass resignation, certainly if I'd been arsed to put my name forward I'd have been away at that point but each to their own.

To summarise the suits need to get out more.

Sleepless rant over.
Pretty much spot on, I was thinking maybe a massive petition, particularly regarding customer service
Something has to change to make them sit up and take notice.

I went to an event before the Norwich game which had both Danny Wilson & Roel De Vries speaking and it was admitted that the 'fan experience' was poor and particularly De Vries vowed to improve this to make City the envy of the world.
It all sounded positive but words are easy time will tell if it comes to fruition. Of note however no questions were allowed so it wasn't possible to quiz them on any specific matters so it's hard to know if they fully understand the depth of feeling and the issues causing this or whether they are simply scratching the surface.
I've decided myself to give it this season to see if things improve but if not I'll just take my money and stick to watching it in the pub. As has been pointed out by many the overall match day experience has gone from something I used to look forward to all week to one where now I have to sometimes force myself to go and I will admit on a few occasions that has got the better of me and I have simply stayed In the pub to watch joining the many other fans over the years who have resorted to this option.

I’ve not got strong views on City Matters, good or bad. The Club didn’t help them by not offering a few quick wins for fans in the early days of the committee.

That said, the last City Matters meeting was a success IMHO because the Club took the decision to get fans into the ground quickly if the NFC technology wasn’t working for them. Otherwise it would have been chaos. Arsenal wasn’t so good with long queues at some gates for fans who couldn’t get to the ground early.

City need to improve customer service and quickly, we all know that. That’s said, I couldn’t work on Customer Services at City when large swathes of the fan base can’t recognise things that have been done for them including free flights to Porto, buying International class footballers and introducing safe standing rail seats etc.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.