For any member of the City Matters Committee

Some matters rep posted about a meeting between the Norwich & Arsenal game last week that the new head guy was genuinely shocked at how the experience was perceived by the average fan and what the problems were for us.

I did suggest the reps should advise him to get out of his padded seat and have a proper matchday experience from the queue search through via buying a beer, going to the normal bogs etc to the tram back to town and bring Big Kal along too, a sort of Undercover Boss.

Now we all know that's never going to happen, there's no reason why it shouldn't but it won't. He could just ring his own customer services while sat in his office to find out how poor it is but again he'd likely farm that out to a junior who just kiss his bum and tell him everything is fine.

Until these people have first hand experience of what we have to put up with fuck all will change.

City matters is a great idea in principle but has also been a failure and is the embodiment of why the club has no idea what it's doing (going over old ground) but carving ticket allocations up for just one thing should have seen a mass resignation, certainly if I'd been arsed to put my name forward I'd have been away at that point but each to their own.

To summarise the suits need to get out more.

Sleepless rant over.
You are so right, senior managers should always test things for themselves. I once had some dealings with a company that sourced the majority of their business online. One day, I discovered that their website was down. This continued for a week. I contacted the head of sales and he was shocked. I asked him whose job it was to test the website each day. He said "Oh......er". Nuff said.

Can the club explain why there is no longer a ticket office open during the week? With the ticket office opposite City Square only open on matchdays.

Surely having one or two members of staff at the ticket office during the week to sort out issues, queries, and to sell tickets isn’t too much to ask for.

Instead people have to ring the ticket office/supporter services, are kept on hold for long periods of time, in some cases for hours, without being told where they are in the queue, and how long their probable waiting time is, with calls being disconnected, and the website also suffering technical issues.
Indeed. I could get on the 101 bus from Wythenshawe to Piccadilly then walk up to the Etihad and speak to a member of staff working at a ticket office more quickly than I could get though to them on the phone whilst sat at home.

I went to an event before the Norwich game which had both Danny Wilson & Roel De Vries speaking and it was admitted that the 'fan experience' was poor and particularly De Vries vowed to improve this to make City the envy of the world.
It all sounded positive but words are easy time will tell if it comes to fruition. Of note however no questions were allowed so it wasn't possible to quiz them on any specific matters so it's hard to know if they fully understand the depth of feeling and the issues causing this or whether they are simply scratching the surface.
I've decided myself to give it this season to see if things improve but if not I'll just take my money and stick to watching it in the pub. As has been pointed out by many the overall match day experience has gone from something I used to look forward to all week to one where now I have to sometimes force myself to go and I will admit on a few occasions that has got the better of me and I have simply stayed In the pub to watch joining the many other fans over the years who have resorted to this option.
I was at the event too and it’s focus was on thanking peole from Supporters Clubs who had supported our Club’s fan base throughout the pandemic. Lots of people wanted pictures with our trophies and with SWP. It would have been good even there had been a few minutes for Q&A but there was a team from Customer Services at the event to answer any questions about mobile ticketing, getting in the ground etc.

I thought it was good that City put on this event but the senior management need to live up to their promises about being focussed on helping us, the fans.

CM needs a frontman who would force some of these issues …….. we need Buzzer as our Leader
We used to have one and he also was the main man, what ever you think of Garrry Cook, he had the club and fans at heart.

Since Ferran became CEO the club see to have lost touch with the match going , non corporate fan.

The owners and Execs have done wonders for this club, but I genuinely hope they don't forget the match going regulars, they are the heartbeat of this club.

We used to have one and he also was the main man, what ever you think of Garrry Cook, he had the club and fans at heart.

Since Ferran became CEO the club see to have lost touch with the match going , non corporate fan.

The owners and Execs have done wonders for this club, but I genuinely hope they don't forget the match going regulars, they are the heartbeat of this club.
From looking at the price of the Tunnel Club tickets in the ticket forum it's no wonder we're not looked after...every game in there equates to the price of a season ticket...a full season of which including cup games is the equivalent of a coach full of digital season wallet holders...which dwarfs my £415 or so in SS3, shame we've lost the everyone is equal thought process.

From looking at the price of the Tunnel Club tickets in the ticket forum it's no wonder we're not looked after...every game in there equates to the price of a season ticket...a full season of which including cup games is the equivalent of a coach full of digital season wallet holders...which dwarfs my £415 or so in SS3, shame we've lost the everyone is equal thought process.
That's the issue, but tunnel club and the likes don't produce any atmosphere in the stadium, in fact the total opposite, they kill the atmosphere.

Without atmosphere and passion, football is soulless , as we all witnessed last season.

But before covid, we had games with 50k people but zero atmosphere, and it's common at a lot of stadiums these days, and it's not good.

I think that all needs to go when they expand the North Stand (like they did the South) and plans were that the City Store would then get integrated in the stadium around ground level within that expansion ... So basically City Square would get pushed out to where the store is now or behind it (if it is kept) and the stand expanding outwards would take up all that space that's currently the CitySq ...
The planning consent for the North and South stand expansion would extend the North stand only to where the back of the City Square stage is now.

Having now gone in to matches very early and had very poor "pre-match entertainment" I'd move the bands inside the stadium and relay them to the screen for those using the bar / food outlets in City Square.

Incorporating the store in the north stand would need a fresh planning application and make the stadium even more of a hotchpotch of a design with asymmetric ends, and mean demolishing a relatively new building for no great advantage.

The planning consent for the North and South stand expansion would extend the North stand only to where the back of the City Square stage is now.

Having now gone in to matches very early and had very poor "pre-match entertainment" I'd move the bands inside the stadium and relay them to the screen for those using the bar / food outlets in City Square.

Incorporating the store in the north stand would need a fresh planning application and make the stadium even more of a hotchpotch of a design with asymmetric ends, and mean demolishing a relatively new building for no great advantage.
The biggest issue with City Sq is the climate, unless it's covered it's useless when half the time it's pissing down with rain.

I agree 1000%.

It feels like I've been talking about Gary Cook a lot recently on here - probably because in terms of fan engagement and general "give a shitness" the club is at an all-time low. Which is something that would never have happened on his watch.

On the pitch City are in-cred-i-ble of course. But off it, everything to do with supporter services and the "fan experience" is third division at best.

I go to rugby league every now and again. There's no money in that sport at all and even a lot of super league clubs are on their arse, but the service and care for fans at the grounds is miles ahead of City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.