Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manchester City and Chelsea were among the clubs to show an interest in acquiring Erling Haaland, Borussia Dortmund’s Norwegian striker who is represented by “super agent” Mino Raiola. They backed off after being told that Haaland, considered among the top prospects in European football, would cost £500m over five years, a figure that includes the player’s salary and transfer and agent fees, according to a person close to the talks.

PSG can afford to do it and they’re a power club and no doubt part of it with mbappe was about sending a message to their top stars and to other European clubs that they do not sell or negotiate for their top players.

Dortmund are and always have been a selling club, but they’re also reliant on being in the champions league. They kept Sancho for another year, knowing he’d help them last season and that they’d still get a big fee this summer. My point is, I very much doubt they would have been so adamant Haaland wasn’t for sale all summer if they can lose him in January.

We will find out either way in January. But it’s all moot anyway because City won’t get this deal done when the competition will be Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, PSG & no doubt several others. Not that we aren’t attractive to players but as a club we have been consistently unable to get deals for ready made superstars over the line. Our top players over the last decade or so have become truly world class at City.
That's not really correct, we have beaten those teams to players before. In the case when we have convinced the player to choose us and boxed it off then we've beaten off teams. This will be similar if we can get Haaland to choose us we'll pay the release and get him. If he allows it to become a bidding war based on money only then we won't. I actually don't think we would bother about the 40 mill agent money either if it was a fixed thing, again we wouldn't enter into a bidding war on fees .

KDB established himself as one of the best players in the Bundesliga and was integral in the club's 2014–15 DFB-Pokal win. Thats exactly what Haaland has done.

That's not exactly what Haaland has done at all. For starters he's three years younger than KDB was when he was doing that. Secondly he's setting goalscoring records in the Champions League. Thirdly there's the buzz and profile created by his terrifying physicality and mad agent. KDB wasn't being widely touted as part of the new generation's Messi vs Ronaldo split.

Whatever you think of whether it's all entirely justified, it is very different as a transfer proposition.

PSG can afford to do it and they’re a power club and no doubt part of it with mbappe was about sending a message to their top stars and to other European clubs that they do not sell or negotiate for their top players.

Dortmund are and always have been a selling club, but they’re also reliant on being in the champions league. They kept Sancho for another year, knowing he’d help them last season and that they’d still get a big fee this summer. My point is, I very much doubt they would have been so adamant Haaland wasn’t for sale all summer if they can lose him in January.

We will find out either way in January. But it’s all moot anyway because City won’t get this deal done when the competition will be Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, PSG & no doubt several others. Not that we aren’t attractive to players but as a club we have been consistently unable to get deals for ready made superstars over the line. Our top players over the last decade or so have become truly world class at City.

Bayern are out.

they won’t do another Sane it’s destroyed their wage structure. More first team players now want more money at Bayern due to Sanes wages. Why Alaba left he wanted Sane money. Now Lewandowski’s agent is doing the same.

Isn't the fact that they kept sancho for another year and accepted a lower info indicative of their willingness to receive less money if it means they get to keep a player they desperately wanna keep?

I do believe this is how we planned to play this window regarding a forward and this is what I think Khaldoon referred to when saying about disrupting the market. We bought Grealish then went for Kane, made the other teams shit themselves and buy forwards of their own, we walked away from Kane and made the rags sign Ronaldo, which then we have sat back knowing that it gives us a pretty good shot at Haaland in January and there won’t be anything the rags or Chelsea can do to stop us trying to sign him.

I’m interested to see what impact peps contract has on this transfer.
We know he wanted Kane however next year could be his last year, so are city going to say “do you still want Kane? Ok we will try again” or will they just say “sorry Pep we’re thinking long term and we are buying players that suit the clubs vision regardless if your keen or not”

They will need to start thinking about life post pep soon, it’s ok having no strikers when peps around but if he goes the next manager is going to want a forward and I’m sure Haaland would be a much better choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.