Rate Our Transfer Window

Rate our transfer window out of 10...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Not sure if it was posted before, but this is a nice summary of European clubs’ transfers this summer. I have to admit, Paris Saint Germain and Chelsea did a good job strengthening their squads. Chelsea are the club to worry about in PL and CL, and PSG in CL. But I still believe handling Paris Saint Germain players’ ego will be a challenge for Pochetthino and will not help with their CL dream.

Now for the really negative angle.

1 out of 10.

Signed a player for a ridiculous transfer fee that doesn't improve on what we already have.

If, and a big if, if you believe the rumours that Laporte and Bernardo wanted away we now have 2 unhappy players in the camp.

Failure to sign a striker although I appreciate only about 3 players would fit the mantle.

Some good young players on the fringes of the squad but a combination of where we are on a competitive basis and Peps inability to integrate youngsters means the potential will never be unleashed. Think I said last year that Delap's next appearance will be third round of the league cup if we get a lower league opponent. The fact that Dias who signed just over twelve months ago has more PL minutes than Foden says it all. When we moan on here about only getting peanuts for selling a young player compared to other clubs, the harsh reality is that they have had much more first team experience than ours.
Hard to complain when we are winning but for me the long term gains outweigh the short term success.

The world is your oyster when you have £200m and you are the leading side in the best league. You can sign who you want. We couldn't improve on Mendy/Zinchenko, Fernandinho/Rodri and Torres/Jesus up front? Beyond credibility.

What we don't know if whether City instead have lined players up e.g., Mbappe or Haaland. It sounds unlikely but from what's in the public domain we fell short of what most fans expected.

One or two injuries now to key players and we'll be in trouble.

Who would you have wanted for these positions?

I am in the minority and don't think we needed anyone in either position, even with the Mendy situation.

If Frankie De Jong was available and wanted to halve his wages then excellent but other than than I don't see anything that's not a sideways move at best.

Put 5 but changed to a 7

Feared we'd lose Laporte & Bernardo and bring in Kane & Grealish.

We kept both and signed Grealish so imo we've just about strengthened.

Hopefully Torres will be like a new signing, Sterling can find his form, Foden will rise another level and we can give Delap some minutes.

6/10 for me. Good outgoing business, kept hold of some key players (and extended a few notable contracts), and added the excellent Grealish to the squad.

Clearly though we were after Kane and even though I think the failure to get him through the door may prove to be a blessing in disguise, we were trying to add quality in that position and didn't manage to do so

I think we're potentially a bit short at left-back too, which could have been addressed

I’ve gone 5 because we did actually flex our muscles and break the transfer record but it should have been a striker and that will come back to haunt us I’m sure . Grealish will be a fantastic player for us but we are stacked in midfield so he is a luxury signing . We needed a left back which we didn’t get either so we will need to rely on our if position players again which has served us well . Think we have missed a massive chance to really step away from the rest of the field but it is what it is so we go again . Looking forward to seeing what this kayky is about tbh .

10/10.

Signed a class player. Lost no one. Plenty of cash in the bank.
Cash in the bank doesn't work on the pitch. Liverpool have loads of cash in the bank. So did Arsenal.

10/10 lol. Be serious. To get 10/10 we'd have to have signed a forward, defensive midfielder and left back.

Its perfectly possibly to support City and still be critical of things we do you know. I bet you Khaldoon isn't happy.

I'm not sure I would agree with you there, Grealish might prove a good addition(however we aren't without depth there already), but we lost our only true forward, we lost one of our LBs(a position was aren't overwhelmingly deep in)and Fernandinho is a year older in another position we are kind of light in.
Huh? Our only true forward who barely played last season. Secondly which LB did we lose (we are down the lump who has been denied bail but that is addition by subtraction).

Huh? Our only true forward who barely played last season. Secondly which LB did we lose (we are down the lump who has been denied bail but that is addition by subtraction).
Squads don't work like that if they did teams would always get better, because historical fitness is ranked against a full squad. Augero might not have played much last year due to injury, but in hindsight you are always counting past injuries but never future ones if KDB does his ACL in and is out for the season which squad is better? as for the whole LB thing, while playing Mendy with the charges hanging over him was questionable to say the least, you're not suggesting that by losing him we are stronger footballing wise are you?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.