Rate Our Transfer Window

Rate our transfer window out of 10...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
On the first I have no idea what you are saying about past and future injuries. Aguero played virtually no part in last season so by definition we are not missing him this season. And he is injured again - which was sadly entirely predictable and the reason we did not renew his contract.
OK let me try another way then... you have a team year one they have a player lets call him player A that only plays say 10 games due to injury.....nothing else changes the team has no more injuries none of the players grow older, makes no signings in the summer. The squad isn't by default stronger in year two, because while you say "Player A is fit again" because you have no idea how to predict what injuries the club will pick up during the course of the 2nd season... I hope that's a little clearer

I gave 8/10.
Always wanted Grealish as I think he will become such an amazing player under Pep.
I think the goalposts moved with Kane and at the prices quoted I’m glad we didn’t go for him.
Our squad is so good it can be so difficult to find someone available and within budget to enhance it especially a no 9.
DM and LB could be improved upon more easily.
Can’t wait to see the development of Sir Phillip and Torres this season.

We have done that many times before - and if we did it again then perhaps the club genuinely deserves criticism

I remember days when the club was basically bankrupt - but we had more players on our books than most other clubs - that is bad management
Oh yes the Daniel Mills lifetime achievement scholarship......

The problem is when you are broke the only players you are likely to be able to get are players other clubs want off their books, those kind of transfers are always going to have a higher rate of failure

Seems to me our transfer strategy is long term and focused on a very small pool of players with the ability or potential to strengthen our already excellent squad. This affords us plenty of time to do our due diligence on any potential signing, use our contacts to check out the players personality, speak to the agent regarding the contractual situation and the players attitude towards a potential move. No signing is ever guaranteed, but this strategy gives us the best possible chance that the player will fit in and hit the ground running. My guess is that our CF and DM targets have already been identified and the groundwork laid in terms of ball park financials including the likely fees and timing of any bid to align with the length of time left on the players contract or any potential release clause. If the player is of sufficient quality and has indicated via his agent that he's keen to join I'm sure we would be prepared to wait for a transfer window or two in order to get the signing right. Stay calm and trust the club, after all the success that we've enjoyed over the last decade they've earned a little patience.

6 for me - Grealish is exceptional, offers a direct threat and has started like a hybrid of Sané & Silva on the left. At 25 he's still not at his peak!

Obvious shortfall in the striker market and the only reason I think they didn't go for a LB was that no one would take Mendy. I think it's an area where we need an attacking left footed option to understudy Zinchenko. Happy enough at DM if Lavia can step up or Ake moves there as cover.

In terms of happiness with the squad, I'd say 8/9 - it's ridiculously deep with internationals and then we have Palmer, Delap, Lavia added to the squad. Mint.

Rate this window - we got Grealish - great player - who is great at any position we didn't need.

A 3 for me. Totally screwed up in terms of improving our side.
===
That said - maybe that is the best that management could do, due to whom we could sign who would improve our side, at the positions we are so much in need of upgrade.

Its hard to judge a transfer window because you'll only know how good a player is/if a transfer has worked after a few years.

From a recruitment standpoint, I gave us a five. Yes the Grealish signing on paper was excellent, but it just wasn't a priority.

The lack of strategy with a striker, as well
as a lack of strategy with other targets when a striker wasn't attainable was poor. I think the club must have had some idea with the LB issue so how they failed to address that is also problematic.

The final issue, is how the chairman didn't deliver. You can't promise a big window and sign one player.

Just to add I still think we have an amazing squad, but we just didn't on our promises. After losing the CL final and looking at how others have improved its so difficult for us to be there again I think when our biggest issues are still present.

I give it a 4. I like Grealish but 100 is way to much for him.

We didn’t address the positions we really needed and I think it will cost us. All this talk of left back being ok as we have Laporte and Ake for cover is rubbish. They are centre backs. Just because they are left footers doesn’t mean they can play left back. You wouldn’t want Gundogan to play right wing as he is right footed. Cancelo is a right back. I hate seeing right backs play left back. Always cutting in to get back on the dominant foot and not tackling with the left foot when the winger is going down the line.

Central midfield is as light as can be. Ferna is done unfortunately and Rodrigo although has great passing ranges and technique is not mobile enough to break up play and will cost us.

And up top is just crazy. Yes is all hipster to play false 9 but it’s being found out now and we need a forward and anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded. Pep did want a forward and pretending otherwise is silly. Torres is doing ok but we can’t rely on him for the season and I know lots are pinning there hope on Delap being the answer but he isn’t yet and won’t be for a while.

For me and who was available this summer I would have gone for.

Nuno mendes
Saul/caminvga
Andre silva
That would have made us a lot stronger and addressed a lot of the imbalance in the squad.
They would have been good signings mate . I really like Saul and I think Chelsea have pulled a good number there .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.