Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn’t mean they wouldn’t accept €90mil in January from a team who don’t like getting in bidding wars
and that's what i would think would happen, maybe dortmund would prefer and extra 50million rather than the buy out , when i read i think it was @93.20blue post he was claiming its sorted for january,dont know how true that is though

Think some get carried away, the Haaland transfer will be in the Summer 2022, it will not be in January and it was never going to be this summer.

The driver in all of this is Haaland’s team and they going to sell when the market is at it’s highest and his price is at his lowest (release clause).

Judging from previous experience we will be in the running but might not get him, as it will be a change from a wage structure or others are more preferable for him.

It’s worth noting we also have had a transfer structure (around 50-70 million), which going of previous transfer windows would point to us not breaking the record and paying £100 million for Grealish. So we are not against changing our structure, if we feel the player is worth the effect.

For me he’s the real deal, last night he could have had a hat trick his movement, pace and strength was far too much for Van Dijk (who whilst he is still getting back from injury, is a very tough/ talented defender).

He shrugged of Dias in a way I have not seen done by anyone else and of course his record speaks for itself and he is the most guaranteed goals option out there (bar probably Lewandoski, but so much younger).

There are plenty of reasons for people to be optimistic or cautious on this transfer, so I would expect plenty of discussion.

But people advising offering Dortmund more etc. in Jan to avoid a bidding war is simply not going to work as that extra money could go to Haaland’s team in the summer and probably more, so they will wait.

If people do not understand that part then they do not understand this transfer, that has been carefully planned by his team over 2 years ago.

As soon as another team move for a player we want ....we back out as if we are scared to compete. As soon as the other team come in we put out a press release ....City are no longer interested in the player, we are scared of bidding against you so please go ahead, we will wait until everyone is done and see what is left.... release clause FC .....
Maybe it's because we can see a potential war that will drive the wages up, something that we don't want any part of.
I'm not saying we are right, just that it could be our ethos to sign "potential" but with the understanding that they have yet to prove themselves. And that they want to join us for the "right" reasons.
Personally, I like that attitude if that is the case.

Last edited:
Depending on Dortmund’s progress in the CL, and their League position, in January he may be available at a price FAR exceeding his release clause.

As far as his team turning down a deal in January, I doubt it if the teams he is interested in come begging.

As soon as another team move for a player we want ....we back out as if we are scared to compete. As soon as the other team come in we put out a press release ....City are no longer interested in the player, we are scared of bidding against you so please go ahead, we will wait until everyone is done and see what is left.... release clause FC .....
im not sure we are scared of anyone in the transfer process,but we wont entertain players and agents taking the piss.

as for "release clause fc" there's a few on here claiming that, i don't know how many release clauses we have paid since the take over, so i cant comment on the release clause fc jibe.

just out of interest how many players have we bought on release clauses out of the players we have bought , im sure you know as your using the release clause fc jibe ?

Think some get carried away, the Haaland transfer will be in the Summer 2022, it will not be in January and it was never going to be this summer.

The driver in all of this is Haaland’s team and they going to sell when the market is at it’s highest and his price is at his lowest (release clause).

Judging from previous experience we will be in the running but might not get him, as it will be a change from a wage structure or others are more preferable for him.

It’s worth noting we also have had a transfer structure (around 50-70 million), which going of previous transfer windows would point to us not breaking the record and paying £100 million for Grealish. So we are not against changing our structure, if we feel the player is worth the effect.

For me he’s the real deal, last night he could have had a hat trick his movement, pace and strength was far too much for Van Dijk (who whilst he is still getting back from injury, is a very tough/ talented defender).

He shrugged of Dias in a way I have not seen done by anyone else and of course his record speaks for itself and he is the most guaranteed goals option out there (bar probably Lewandoski, but so much younger).

There are plenty of reasons for people to be optimistic or cautious on this transfer, so I would expect plenty of discussion.

But people advising offering Dortmund more etc. in Jan to avoid a bidding war is simply not going to work as that extra money could go to Haaland’s team in the summer and probably more, so they will wait.

If people do not understand that part then they do not understand this transfer, that has been carefully planned by his team over 2 years ago.
I agree he is the real deal. If you look at his figures for his age, especially in the CL, he is miles ahead of Messi and Ronaldo were at the same stage. If he carries on at this rate he will become the best player in the world for the next decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.