Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to convince him this is the best place for him to win and improve, so he makes the choice. Raiola only has to get he best deal from one club at that point.

He's gonna be rich as fuck when he retires regardless, how much does he wanna be the best around?

Optimistic no, dreaming still..

I'd love to see Haaland at City if for nothing else than his success being a beautiful payback to the super untalented Media man Mr. Roy Keane.
On the other hand, I can't help hoping that this becomes the case that broke the 'super agents'.
Haaland ending up with no bids realistic enough to pay Raiola's leach money and another year at Dortmund would be a massive step in the right direction.
Pre COVID there would have been some idiot willing to pay from an egotistical point of view. Now I’m not so sure.

If we went for this at the rumoured costs we could wave goodbye to a LB and a DM unless they are both coming from the Academy.

He‘s only a kid but I’d be embarrassed if my agent was asking for all this. I suppose he will think he is better leaving it to Raiola.

True except that nobody will agree to a 4 year deal with the way this is panning out. He's surely only going to be signed on a very long term contract with no release clause (excepting the Spanish €2billion nonsense).
So, City will turn him down for his release clause money if he refuses a deal longer than 4 years?

Yer havin a laff!

The whole issue is what the agent wants and what the salary will be. It will not bode well with our structure so I don't think this would happen. Honestly I would go for Bellingham more than I would for Haaland if we are ever going to buy a player from Dortmund.

Haaland will cost alot of money and will de-stablize the wage structure and I don't think KDB and others would be happen a new comer will get more salary than them
If this was the case, everyone would be jealous of everyone else all the time. It just doesn’t work that way.

Dias wins everything last season at $80K, just signed a new deal for $160K (so media says).

Why not $250K???

If he sorted out our defence and won awards for doing it, why would he settle for $160K with other making far more???

Either get on board with the club philosophy or do one elsewhere. No matter how good he is, 1 player doesn't make a team and we have an outstanding squad, upcoming talent and could find a replacement that fits within our wage structure. One whiff of them taking the piss and we should walk and stop fannying about like we did this summer.

So, City will turn him down for his release clause money if he refuses a deal longer than 4 years?

Yer havin a laff!

I would refuse it yes, if there is any truth that a club interested in signing him are going to be paying around £25 million each to Raiola and Alfie plus a signing on fee for the player himself then it would be madness.

Basically £65 million fee plus around the same again in agent fee's and signing of fees mean we would be committing to an outlay in excess of £130 million before wages knowing that after 4 years the player could walk away on a free transfer.

Either get on board with the club philosophy or do one elsewhere. No matter how good he is, 1 player doesn't make a team and we have an outstanding squad, upcoming talent and could find a replacement that fits within our wage structure. One whiff of them taking the piss and we should walk and stop fannying about like we did this summer.
Think Haaland will have a deal sorted and ready to go well before the window opens next year. So either way I don’t think it will go into the summer dragging on. Plus no tournaments next summer.
What I’d really like is us to get to the summer thinking you know what Torres and Delap are looking pretty good and not be that bothered about Haaland.

Yer havin a laff!
And see him run it down and go to Real maybe for free, damn right I'm saying that. His release clause might be lower than what he'd cost right now but the agents fees will still be just as high, not to mention destroying any wage structure along the way before he swans off into the distance.

There is a possibility for Haaland to play with Mbappe, great football players are always with each other

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.