Covid and travel discussion

Tenerife looking good,the Macmasters back posting his videos on youtube,not crowded,nice weather,i think there in amber now so i may still get there in November

Booked for end of October and things at moment look very positive. Think they have dropped to level 3 at moment which though not a lot of difference, is a step in the right direction. Lot more places appear to be opening and the weather is a massive bonus

It's causing absolute chaos on the home front. As the owner of a business involved directly with the tourist trade and of a holiday rental property I was talking to one of the major players in the home holiday rental market yesterday.
We had noticed and they confirmed that the level of complaints have increased beyond all expectations due to the all inclusive brigade suddenly having to ' downsize ' to UK self catering and most expect cleaners and service providers to be on call on a daily basis. Couple that with the fact that most has been let off their leashes regarding UK holidays and all hell's broken loose. Prices and bookings for UK holidays are off the scale at the present and expecting more of the same next year.
Same thing is happening in Spain. The hotel we usually go to always has a good mix of Spanish, British, French, Dutch and Belgian customers, but it's primarily TUI UK customers in the summer - obviously not tis year. However when we were there the last couple of weeks, the reception staff say they've had a lot of trouble with (mainly) Spanish guests making outrageous demands - we even witnessed some fist banging from one guy who wasn't happy with the price he'd agreed to and was demanding a discount!

Talking more generally, I fear we are in for a long, hard winter with a government that wlll be reactive rather than proactive. In Spain, it's the law to wear masks indoor or even outdoors if you are within 1.5m of somebody. Compare that to this country where the government can't be bothered making masks mandatory on packed public transport.

With vaccines waning after 4-6 months, and no definitive policy on booster jabs, I do wonder what they expect will happen, because it seems blindingly obvious to me what's going to happen this winter unless something changes.

Yes, but they wouldn't have it and arguing at half 4 in the morning wasn't an option. I will when we get back though. I think you're better off phoning them to check I wouldn't want anyone to go through that.
I'm going portgual says they accept antigen test on the goverment website flying with Ryan Air hope I have no issues.

That’s odd, have changed the rules recently? I got pinged by T&T six days after returning from Majorca and had to do the Four days. Double jabbed as well.
Track and Trace was only mandatory if they contacted you by phone, not via the app.

Tenerife looking good,the Macmasters back posting his videos on youtube,not crowded,nice weather,i think there in amber now so i may still get there in November
Was over there a couple of weeks ago, felt very covid safe, plenty of tourists about, majority of bars and restaurants open but shut at 12 which was OK for me with young kids.

I was meant to be in Cornwall for the week but changed to tenerife the day before we were going due to the ridiculously high covid cases and shite weather. Glad we did.

Currently sat in Alicante until Tuesday. We flew out from Shannon yesterday and aside from a family of travellers misbehaving and getting leathered on the plane, every COVID rule at this side seems to be adhered to. Seems to be a high uptake of mask wearing in public too. The digital EU COVID vaccine passport was enough to be allowed into Spain with no issue, but I did get put in a separate queue with my UK passport. This was of course significantly shorter than the Irish/EU passport queue and I got an oldschool stamp too.

A few times I've found myself taken aback at seeing life and living again. I'd been stuck in a bungalow since December.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.