40 years ago today

I take it you've never heard him commentate or discuss us pre and post match? Never heard him say a good word about us worse than Danny mills
Your take is wrong, and a bit weird that you would assume that. I’ve heard him say plenty of positive things about us, especially, as previously stated, about City fans. The fact you’ve never heard him say anything positive about us would suggest you are the one who’s never heard him commentate or discuss us pre and post match. The notion that any commentator or pundit would ‘never’ praise any club is a bit silly really and only serves to undermine the point you are trying to make.

I take it you've never heard him commentate or discuss us pre and post match? Never heard him say a good word about us worse than Danny mills
I hate the way over sensitive people like you attempt to besmirch the wonderful memories guys like Trevor gave to blues on the pitch just because years and years later you don’t understand that he’s an impartial commentator earning a living not a 12 yr old kid absolutely mad for City.

Similar nonsense is written about Hinchy.

Great day and a happy Maynes coach on the way home , thought we’d hit the big time and glory beckoned, how little I knew .

Francis never wanted to leave City, he said so himself, as he believed we were only a couple of players short of challenging for the title. Things went downhill rapidly after his departure.

Think you might need to take a zero off that. No player was getting paid £6,000 per week in 1981

John Barnes became the first £10k per week footballer in 1992 and there was an outcry then that wages were out of control
You're probably right mate. Exact wages at that era maybe have been lost in the mist or time.

was it that rarity....a Phil Boyer goal?
What a player Francis was and we had such high hopes that season because the squad was really good...Francis, Reeves, Tommy Hutch, Tueart, Hartford, Gow, Power etc but injures ravaged us
Remember Boyer, he used to annoy me the way he flapped his arms as he was running. He went to Forest and Cloughie turned him into a European Cup winner. Even made him captain. Can't remember the manager who sold him. Allison?

Remember Boyer, he used to annoy me the way he flapped his arms as he was running. He went to Forest and Cloughie turned him into a European Cup winner. Even made him captain. Can't remember the manager who sold him. Allison?
Sorry Detective Berryblue you've arrested the wrong man. Think you mean Ian Bowyer but Mercer/Alison did sell him.

Think you might need to take a zero off that. No player was getting paid £6,000 per week in 1981

John Barnes became the first £10k per week footballer in 1992 and there was an outcry then that wages were out of control
Agreed - I read a quote from Francis who said "the contract City offered me was easily worth £100,000 a year, plus bonuses..."
So that's a basic wage of just under 2 grand a week. Fantastic wage for 1981 even so.

It was after Big Mal as Bond brought him to City.
I thought he was pretty good,didnt realise he went to Forest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.