Leroy Sané

Sane is not the same player since his career-threatening injury. He has lost a significant amount of his blistering pace and that's what gave him the edge. It's a shame because I thought he was fantastic for us in our legendary 2017/18 team.

I don't know why I keep seeing this, because I've seen him probably 20 times since his injury and the one thing I know for sure is he hasn't lost his pace.

He looks much worse, hesitant, doesn't get in the box, doesn't hold width properly, often cutting in off the right which doesn't suit him, but the pace and acceleration are still there.

He didn't want to be here, he doesn't want to be there either by the sound of it. He'll be a wasted talent before we know it.

I don't know why I keep seeing this, because I've seen him probably 20 times since his injury and the one thing he hasn't lost is pace.
My view is just based on watching a few games on TV. He certainly looked slower and seemed unwilling to take on his opponent. If you have seen 20 games then fair enough but he looks very sluggish to me. Perhaps it is more mobility than pace but I don't think he is the same player since the injury. I though he was unplayable at times for us.

My view is just based on watching a few games on TV. He certainly looked slower and seemed unwilling to take on his opponent. If you have seen 20 games then fair enough but he looks very sluggish to me. Perhaps it is more mobility than pace but I don't think he is the same player since the injury. I though he was unplayable at times for us.

I think people have a very rose tinted memory of Sané at City.

He was capable of moments of brilliance but they were just moments and his end product was very patchy. He'd play well every third game for the most part.

His deterioration is probably mental rather than any lingering affects of the knee injury.

As for taking him back? I'd have to say "nein danke." I suspect he'll never have the full commitment his obvious talents demand. It's sad because of our previous signings he's the one who excited me most.

I’m sorry I’m struggling to work out how to do the quote thing.
But a poster said he was bone idle. Again when he was at City I never ever felt that he was lazy or disinterested. others may be privy to more info than me but I never got that impression about him.

Seeing as he was young player of the year for the centurians season i would say he was on fire , a fabulous season , then pep dropped him
Well, yes one great season, then he was dropped, why was that ? Now he’s 26 and doesnt look like he’ll ever reach hi potential, and injury is only part the reason. Mentality is the rest.

I think people have a very rose tinted memory of Sané at City.

He was capable of moments of brilliance but they were just moments and his end product was very patchy. He'd play well every third game for the most part.
Yep, he was capable of great moments he was never a great player.

I’m sorry I’m struggling to work out how to do the quote thing.
But a poster said he was bone idle. Again when he was at City I never ever felt that he was lazy or disinterested. others may be privy to more info than me but I never got that impression about him.
press reply , no need to thank me :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.