40 years ago today

I think it was my first away game without a parent. We had to get an official coach from Maine road otherwise we wouldn’t be allowed to go. Great day though. I remember being back on the coach & Trevor being interviewed saying I hope City fans don’t expect that every match!

I also remember being at OT later that season, pre social media. When they announced the team, always 1-11 in those days, we cheered all the players as they flashed on the scoreboard. We were ready & excited as it said number 9 ….. Gary Jackson…. We’d lost there & then. Such a shame Trevor was injured so much. He was a great player.

Yes I was on Maynes that day then Clayton Labour club in the evening.
Used to
Great day and a happy Maynes coach on the way home , thought we’d hit the big time and glory beckoned, how little I knew .
Used to use Maynes then another coach firm a couple of hundred yards up the road in Droylsden undercut them. Dorby's? Correction Morby's

Last edited:
Never forget this day, best city following I’ve ever seen what a day Super Trev made is City debut.View attachment 25856
Yes I was there. Got back home about 8pm, picked up my then girlfriend and drove to Holyhead to catch the ferry to Dunlaoghaire for a weeks holiday. I genuinely thought we’d win the league after Trevors debut. I met him the following June in Bilbao. Decent bloke

It was after Big Mal as Bond brought him to City.
I thought he was pretty good,didnt realise he went to Forest.
Boyer played in the ECWC Final. Went on the City trip there. He was poor and nearly cost us the game if I remember correctly. Lee and Young were brilliant along with captain Tony Book. Game played under water. ;-)

Boyer played in the ECWC Final. Went on the City trip there. He was poor and nearly cost us the game if I remember correctly. Lee and Young were brilliant along with captain Tony Book. Game played under water. ;-)
Not Phil Boyer… you’re thinking of Ian Bowyer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.