Key food to extend your lifespan by 5 years

I always thought it was eat less, move more but I’m beginning to wonder now reading all this.

Typically I have the following:-

Breakfast - Sultana bran with skimmed milk
Lunch - salad (ham/beef or salmon)
Tea - prawns twice a week, cod once, salmon once, turkey steaks once, spag bol/chilli once, chicken once. All the above with either rice, pasta or spuds n veg.

do I need to take supplements now too and am I having too much fish?!? I find red meat just knackers me out and makes me wanta curl up in a ball, just too bloody heavy!!

Thanks I wasn't aware you could have to much vitamin A, C, D or E until today
I checked my supplements and can see I get 2350 mcg vitamin E daily in supplements before adding what I get from my food.
750mcg from cod liver oil
800mcg from one multivitamin with cod liver oil
800mcg from my other multivitamin

I'll cut out "800mcg from one multivitamin with cod liver oil" from now on.
Mad to think that doing something you thought was positive for your health could actually have detrimental health effects.
Quite alarming to hear about the potential for liver damage
A lot of it comes down to the rest of your diet. Most people are in some way or form micronutrient deficient, so their bodies are ill equipped to handle certain stresses.

Although hypervitaminosis is pretty rare, you have to really go OTT to risk that stuff.

The real bummer is that multivitamins aren't as effective as people would like to think.

A lot of it comes down to the rest of your diet. Most people are in some way or form micronutrient deficient, so their bodies are ill equipped to handle certain stresses.

Although hypervitaminosis is pretty rare, you have to really go OTT to risk that stuff.
The real bummer is that multivitamins aren't as effective as people would like to think.

My diet is pretty good from a variety perspective but not portion size.

Eat a fairly balanced diet; cereals, breads, fruit, veg, nuts and seeds, dairy, pastas, rice, seafood, poultry, pork, beef and probably only have processed food once or twice a week. struggle to fulfill the 5 fruit and veg every day though, is it ten we need to take now, it's hard to keep up

Yeah seen some comments about the bodies ability to process different multivitamins, hypervitaminosis seems to be more if you take a huge amount of tablets in one go but the point on fats building on liver makes me think it makes sense to reduce my vitamin A now I know this info.

Oily fish a few times a week..that simple!
Haha no its not.
To live longer you need to;

Eat a balanced diet, with plenty of fresh stuff inc Olive Oil
Dont smoke
Dont drink too much alcohol
Done get fat/overweight (check your BMI)
Exercise daily (good for your heart and cardio system, get blood pumping)
Dont ride powerful motorbikes
Get regular health checks if over 50 (Colonoscopy, PSA check, cholesterol, Bloods etc)

Providing you dont get a nasty disease you should live into your 80's, and really who wants to live into their 90's ? possible care home, senility etc.

I get episodes of gout. GP says cut right back on fish and avoid shell fish completely.
Your Gp will be correct from the oily/acidic POV but i hope he also gave you a list of other foods/drinks that should be higher priority for avoiding.

Haha no its not.
To live longer you need to;

Eat a balanced diet, with plenty of fresh stuff inc Olive Oil
Dont smoke
Dont drink too much alcohol
Done get fat/overweight (check your BMI)
Exercise daily (good for your heart and cardio system, get blood pumping)
Dont ride powerful motorbikes
Get regular health checks if over 50 (Colonoscopy, PSA check, cholesterol, Bloods etc)

Providing you dont get a nasty disease you should live into your 80's, and really who wants to live into their 90's ? possible care home, senility etc.
someone whos 89 and doing ok

I eat butter because i enjoy it. If it causes me to snuff it 5 years earlier then I'm not going to swap it for a butter wannabe spread.

Butter.
As Southampton suggests, butter’s great (in moderation) mate so don’t worry, great for cooking too and contains CLA ( Conjugated Linoleic acid) which has quite a few health benefits (we’re talking dietary, naturally occurring here NOT CLA supplements), higher in grass fed animals if you can afford it.

Your Gp will be correct from the oily/acidic POV but i hope he also gave you a list of other foods/drinks that should be higher priority for avoiding.
He did and it was a long list. Surprisingly he never mentioned red meats but said that organ meats were a completely out of the question. So it seems like a few things that are good for the average person are not good for one with gout

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.