Is there an unspoken agreement from some clubs not to sell to us?

Cobwebcat

Team supported
Manchester City
I think most of us agree that the last window did not meet expectations leaving us with the same 3 gaps we had at the start.

There may be a reason for this.

I was listening to a podcast yesterday that said Villa were almost ignoring our offer and were instead trying to sell to United and Real Madrid. It even got to the stage where Grealish’s people would have considered taking it legal and it was eventually settled at owner to owner level which is very unusual.

With Kane I was listening to The Double Pivot podcast, who look at transfer deals like this objectively in terms of value, and they thought it was a strange illogical decision for Spurs to keep Kane.

Then we have United signing Ronaldo in a move which seemed designed purely to stop City from getting him rather than a genuine need in their squad. We have been down this road before with Sanchez.

Then on a European level we have Napoli agreeing to sell Jorginho to us only for Chelsea to step in and sign him. We also have Dortmund and Bayern bad mouthing us unless they want something themselves.

In terms of decision making bodies we pretty much have zero representation at UEFA or the ECA in stark contrast to PSG.

Not wanting to sound like this is a conspiracy theory but it’s a possibility that some clubs have agreed to not sell to us if it can be helped.

All these things might begin to explain our recent showing in the Transfer Market or certainly be a factor.

Ten years ago Harry Redknapp warned clubs it was futile to try and stop City and to compete by improving their own clubs. It would seem that ten years later nothing has changed.

Luckily our Academy is likely to produce the best crop of youngsters since United in 92. We might need them.

Paranoid or what?

Maybe but it’s seems to be something starting to be discussed and not just on BM.

Im not sure myself but there are plenty of examples of clubs banding together to try to hinder our development and that’s hardly in doubt as we have seen the letters.

there is defo something in this and it would not be a shock ? also with what we have seen with the signed letter to uefa by clubs wanting us banned. so yes there is something running in the back ground,, also agents are a problem and maybe its with the governing bodies like uefa warning them they could lose their licence if you let a player sign for us

but i also think we don't help ourselves when it comes to wanting players ? their is always a leak and the media are always on the ball then letting other clubs step in and taking over

i think the grealish deal was testing the water with a £100million fee.. seeing how much we can go before the toys are out of the pram with the money and FFP. its a dirty world behind the scenes and all sorts of things go and politics play a big part in it

I think most of us agree that the last window did not meet expectations leaving us with the same 3 gaps we had at the start.

There may be a reason for this.

I was listening to a podcast yesterday that said Villa were almost ignoring our offer and were instead trying to sell to United and Real Madrid. It even got to the stage where Grealish’s people would have considered taking it legal and it was eventually settled at owner to owner level which is very unusual.

With Kane I was listening to The Double Pivot podcast, who look at transfer deals like this objectively in terms of value, and they thought it was a strange illogical decision for Spurs to keep Kane.

Then we have United signing Ronaldo in a move which seemed designed purely to stop City from getting him rather than a genuine need in their squad. We have been down this road before with Sanchez.

Then on a European level we have Napoli agreeing to sell Jorginho to us only for Chelsea to step in and sign him. We also have Dortmund and Bayern bad mouthing us unless they want something themselves.

In terms of decision making bodies we pretty much have zero representation at UEFA or the ECA in stark contrast to PSG.

Not wanting to sound like this is a conspiracy theory but it’s a possibility that some clubs have agreed to not sell to us if it can be helped.

All these things might begin to explain our recent showing in the Transfer Market or certainly be a factor.

Ten years ago Harry Redknapp warned clubs it was futile to try and stop City and to compete by improving their own clubs. It would seem that ten years later nothing has changed.

Luckily our Academy is likely to produce the best crop of youngsters since United in 92. We might need them.
A number of valid points there worthy of discussion imho.

It also seems that clubs expect us to give players away when they leave us. Compare to the money Chelsea and Liverpool get for their castoffs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.