Genesis reformed

This tour had been rumoured since January 2020, and I thought "brilliant".
Two months later, it was official, and I was as giddy as a schoolboy. I saw them interviewed on the day of the announcement, and I thought "fuck, he doesn't look well. He has to sit down to sing, his voice is shot, they've drafted in his son and consequently, shit on Chester Thompson from a great height...... nah, this tour isn't for me", so I didn't bother trying to get tickets. Instead, that night, I booked Hackett tickets.
Tomorrow, he plays at Liverpool Philharmonic, and I'm as giddy as a schoolboy again. Yes, I'll have to put up with his twat of a singer, but I get to see a genius, again. Can't wait.

I saw the interview yesterday, and thought Collins looked 1000 times worse than he did last year (AND they've added even more dates) , and he sounded slow and drawn. I'm no doctor, but I think this isn't going to end well. I hope they come through it, positively. Rutherford didn't look that clever, either.

Last edited:
The first album i bought for myself was Seconds Out when I was 12 years old. I fell in love with all the songs and especially Supper's Ready. Then I got Foxtrot and heard how it SHOULD be sung! I can't listen to the S.O. version anymore...Collins is the best drummer in the world as far as I'm concerned....he's a crap soulless singer though.
Here's a treat:

Watcher of the Skies is one my favourite Genesis tracks

Two months later, it was official, and I was as giddy as a schoolboy. I saw them interviewed on the day of the announcement, and I thought "fuck, he doesn't look well. He has to sit down to sing, his voice is shot, they've drafted in his son and consequently, shit on Chester Thompson from a great height...... nah, this tour isn't for me", so I didn't bother trying to get tickets. Instead, that night, I booked Hackett tickets.
Tomorrow, he plays at Liverpool Philharmonic, and I'm as giddy as a schoolboy again. Yes, I'll have to put up with his twat of a singer, but I get to see a genius, again. Can't wait.

I saw the interview yesterday, and thought Collins looked 1000 times worse than he did last year (AND they've added even more dates) , and he sounded slow and drawn. I'm no doctor, but I think this isn't going to end well. I hope they come through it, positively. Rutherford didn't look that clever, either.
Same feelings as me. Seeing Hackett in Brum next Tuesday. Hope you enjoy it tomorrow let us know your thoughts. I’ve loved Genesis from day one pretty much it’s sad to see them now

Nice light show though.

It's not right to take the piss out of someone who is obviously suffering or even worse dying.

When I saw the clip it was like watching the last films of Ali, so very sad

Fingers crossed but it does seem like it's close to Los Endos, not a Genesis fan but loved Trick of the Tail

It's not right to take the piss out of someone who is obviously suffering or even worse dying.

When I saw the clip it was like watching the last films of Ali, so very sad

Fingers crossed but it does seem like it's close to Los Endos, not a Genesis fan but loved Trick of the Tail
The 'RIP' thing is a bit of a running joke on here, and most definitely not meant as piss take, but seriously...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.