Covid and travel discussion

Currently sat in Alicante until Tuesday. We flew out from Shannon yesterday and aside from a family of travellers misbehaving and getting leathered on the plane, every COVID rule at this side seems to be adhered to. Seems to be a high uptake of mask wearing in public too. The digital EU COVID vaccine passport was enough to be allowed into Spain with no issue, but I did get put in a separate queue with my UK passport. This was of course significantly shorter than the Irish/EU passport queue and I got an oldschool stamp too.

A few times I've found myself taken aback at seeing life and living again. I'd been stuck in a bungalow since December.
The old school stamp is to show when you entered as your UK passport lets you stay in the EU for no more than 90 days in a 180 day period.
Your ROI friends don't have to worry about that.

Would this mean no pre, during or after tests or is it just a sound bite bit of fluff?

This all remains to be seen, and the dropping or modification of the test requirements will be the crux of any changes.

If they 'drop' the traffic light system and just retain a list of red countries, but nothing changes on the testing front, then in effect nothing has changed on the traffic light system and it remains the same as it's been most of the summer.

Dropping the testing requirement for fully vaccinated passengers would be a tangible change and certainly most welcome, though the rumours are this could meet some resistance from health authorities and some Gov figures.

Note any 'pre' test is at the request of the destination country and so we'll still be at the mercy of that if countries want to impose a negative test as a condition of arrival. I think that is here to stay for a while yet, particularly long haul destinations.

Hoping someone can clear something up for me:

I'm flying from Spain to London on Monday for a work event and then flying back on Wednesday. According to the requirements I've read, I'll need a PCR/antigen test within 3 days of flying, proof that I've booked and paid for a day 2 test whilst there and fill in the passenger locator form.

Now, it's the day 2 test I'm a bit unsure of. The day of arrival counts as day 0, Tuesday day 1 and Wednesday day 2. Therefore, I'll be flying back on day 2 but will still need to have the test booked and paid for.

Do I actually need to take the test or can I just have a kit sent to my mum's and fly back without it? I'd be back in Spain before I get the results anyway so seems a bit ridiculous. Work are paying for the tests so it's just the getting there and back I'm worried about.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hoping someone can clear something up for me:

I'm flying from Spain to London on Monday for a work event and then flying back on Wednesday. According to the requirements I've read, I'll need a PCR/antigen test within 3 days of flying, proof that I've booked and paid for a day 2 test whilst there and fill in the passenger locator form.

Now, it's the day 2 test I'm a bit unsure of. The day of arrival counts as day 0, Tuesday day 1 and Wednesday day 2. Therefore, I'll be flying back on day 2 but will still need to have the test booked and paid for.

Do I actually need to take the test or can I just have a kit sent to my mum's and fly back without it? I'd be back in Spain before I get the results anyway so seems a bit ridiculous. Work are paying for the tests so it's just the getting there and back I'm worried about.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
You just need the code provided by the company for the passenger locator form, there's no check on whether the test is performed (as have been proven by many of the shitty providers kicked off the list, you don't always even get the results timely or even at all). The codes always follow the same format!!

You just need the code provided by the company for the passenger locator form, there's no check on whether the test is performed (as have been proven by many of the shitty providers kicked off the list, you don't always even get the results timely or even at all). The codes always follow the same format!!
Great! Thanks, Tonster

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.