World Cup every TWO years

It seems that Wenger is pushing this at the behest of FIFA as a money making exercise. He lost a lot of credibility with his about turn on clubs having rich owners,when he was in line for the Newcastle job if the Saudis had taken over .
Will be interesting to see if Arsene tables any potential downsides that would need to be overcome. If there are none forthcoming from him, you can guarantee he's been commissioned to put an 'all happy and jolly' justification together for FIFA.

I'm not someone who holds on to tradition for the sake of tradition. Actually I think football's general fear of change is incredibly stupid and a threat to the game.

However, I've not seen anyone come up with a single good reason to make it every 2 years yet. In fact the only reason good or bad seems to be money for FIFA.
Wengers pushing the message it will somehow benefit grass roots football around the World....how? We all know the money goes straight to FIFA and gets shared around the boys.

It can only work if the EURO's get canned so its the same as now with an international tournament every 2 years just that its always the world cup.

Football is eating itself.

I hope the big leagues and FA's tell them to fuck off.

Let them do it every 2 years without the big nations and players.

Last edited:
Very disappointing to hear Peps in favour of this, easily the most prominent name to publicly come out in favour of it so far. He does come out with the odd weird view from time to time. Can't back him on this at all.

Very disappointing to hear Peps in favour of this, easily the most prominent name to publicly come out in favour of it so far. He does come out with the odd weird view from time to time. Can't back him on this at all.
Yea it makes no sense. Dump the euros and whatever other shit int tournament they have dreamed up that no one wants to watch and have it every two years otherwise it’s fucking nonsense. Or as Prince Andrew would say it noncesense ;)

Not really that unusual. Pep has dropped a lot of hints that he fancies a go at international football next. He could be England manager from the start of the 23/24 season and he would relish a World Cup every two years. And I , for one, would become a lot more invested in how England perform.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.