101 City Match Worn Shirts Book Now Available

City_Shirts

Big thanks to Ric for allowing me to plug this project I've been working on for the past year and those who know me will also know it's been well out of my day to day comfort zone but delighted to see it over the line.

Advance subscriber copies of '101 #MCFC Matchworn Shirts now available which will make an ideal Xmas present for any blue :-)

Mark McCarthy’s amazing City journey began aged just eight following a visit to his grandfather’s house one Sunday afternoon in December 1983, when he was told that his cousin Mick had just signed for the Blues. An obsessive City fan from that moment on, Mark would dream of owning a shirt from Mick’s time at the club. Once that dream was achieved, years later, it kicked off a fixation on collecting matchworn City shirts. His total now stands at 410… and counting.

Get your name (or that of a fellow City fan) inside the book, an author-signed copy + 4 ltd-edition postcards.

ORDER BELOW
➡️
conkereditions.co.uk/2021/09/10/ava

Spanning the 1920s to the 2020s, this evocative collection of matchworn Manchester City shirts opens a unique window on to the club’s history that will resonate with every fan. Every page is packed with a wealth of supporting memorabilia – programmes, tickets, football cards, adverts… even authentic mud on some of the shirtsleeves.

101 MANCHESTER CITY MATCHWORN SHIRTS brings the memories flooding back from City’s rollercoaster past as Mark McCarthy explores the story behind every shirt. Recall the players who pulled on these iconic blue shirts and a dazzling array of second colours. The unforgettable matches at Maine Road, the Etihad, Wembley – and away in the Football League Second Division. Every different style, every sponsor and shade of blue brings to mind an era, a manager, an association with seasons in the sun or endless hopeful optimism.

Plucked from the world’s greatest matchworn City collection, here is Colin Bell’s shirt from the 1967/68 title winning season. The shirt worn by Paul Simpson when City clinched promotion on the last day of the 1984/85 season. A shiny one-off worn when City debuted the new Maine Road floodlights in 1953. Shaun Goater’s 1999 Wembley Play-off stripes. Phil Foden starring in the Champions’ League. David Silva. Joe Corrigan. David White… and 93 more.

May be an image of text that says '11 9 3 matches QUINN 9 5 101 MANCHESTER 10 CITY MATCHWORNS PHILIPS SHIRTS 出 cCarthy Mark-McCarthy brother hampions brother 101 MANCHESTER CHESTER CITY MATCHWORN SHIRTS . The Players The Matches The Stories Behind the Shirts BARTON 8 RICHARDS Thomas 9 MarkMcCarthy ETIHAD AIRWAYS'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.