Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
But all our rivals will do so. It essentially means we can't access the elite calibre of players.
We’re as part of the market as anybody and we won’t be left behind because of it, or because of romanticism

But all our rivals will do so. It essentially means we can't access the elite calibre of players.
Not true and we turn players into elite.

How many players have we really missed out on that would have given us more titles over the last ten years? A hypothetical question but still.

with that said, I still want Haaland but not at all costs. A happy squad is everything.

with that said, I still want Haaland but not at all costs. A happy squad is everything.

This happy squad thing is a myth in most occasions. I’m not directing this at you btw. But if you bring a player like Haaland, it is to score many more goals than the rest of your players and to win some matches on those goals. If that is happening, he can be making a lot more than the rest, it won’t be a problem. We brought Grealish already earning more than any of our players but Kevin. We had that trash who is in jail making more than many players who contributed a lot more and even then you didn’t hear discontent. The source of problems is usually when you have players doing nothing and getting a lot of money. Players can’t have childish behavior sometimes, but to think they’re all going to act as a jealous and spoiled collective, it’s silly.
For a player like Haaland, we wouldn’t be prohibited by wages that Chelsea and United can afford too, for instance.

How many players have we really missed out on that would have given us more titles over the last ten years? A hypothetical question but still.

Obviously one can never know, but in my opinion if we’d signed van Persie, Hazard and van Dijk I think we could reasonably have expected at least two more title winning seasons. Possibly a CL win, but it’s mere conjecture I know.

This happy squad thing is a myth in most occasions. I’m not directing this at you btw. But if you bring a player like Haaland, it is to score many more goals than the rest of your players and to win some matches on those goals. If that is happening, he can be making a lot more than the rest, it won’t be a problem. We brought Grealish already earning more than any of our players but Kevin. We had that trash who is in jail making more than many players who contributed a lot more and even then you didn’t hear discontent. The source of problems is usually when you have players doing nothing and getting a lot of money. Players can’t have childish behavior sometimes, but to think they’re all going to act as a jealous and spoiled collective, it’s silly.
For a player like Haaland, we wouldn’t be prohibited by wages that Chelsea and United can afford too, for instance.
The stories of what he’s asking for may or may not be true, if they are though we aren’t paying it You can be sure of that. I’m not even that sure we will want him next summer anyway. So I wouldn’t be spending too much time in the thread for 9 months.

The stories of what he’s asking for may or may not be true, if they are though we aren’t paying it You can be sure of that. I’m not even that sure we will want him next summer anyway. So I wouldn’t be spending too much time in the thread for 9 months.
I don’t plan on spending much time here, and I haven’t in case you haven’t noticed, but whether I do or not, it’s up to me, not to you. He had a great game, I commented on it. I also commented about Vlahovic and Darwin Nunez on the games they had today on their threads.
The problem with this thread will be the endless discussions about wages and fees and “he’s going to PSG, Madrid etc” and so on, which are most of them based on false premises anyway, and no matter how many times you counter argument, they will come back, daily, with the same points.
But we have at least half a season watching him continue to grow into becoming the best striker in the world, and it will be fun following it here until next January maybe, for some extra excitement here.

Players aren't hell-bent on signing for a specific club. If we're not willing to match offers from other European giants then we exclude ourselves from the ability to bring in superstars.
It’s a matter of whether we will do it before Pep leaves or after he leaves. A matter of time. And if the club is already considering he might leave after the current contract...

It's tough to say. We had Aguero the entire time. We can't cut corners when our domestic rivals have shown such strong intent in the market. We could turn a player elite but it's a gamble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.