The girl I once knew.

In a slightly similar vein, the odd encounter i have had with people from the long ago, usually reveals a very different level of "recall", my long-term memory being good, and a few minutes conversation is all that is needed. A case in point, a speed awareness course had me sat next to a bloke i had worked with, that he was obsessed with body-building and he drove a Saab. He looked a bit confused, as he could not remember who the fck i was, it was 25 yrs ago. At my age facial features dont relate to the past, and in the case of ex g/f's, surnames dont help either, and chance meetings often end up listing those who have died.
Laugh a minute or what :)

I was talking to a lad at work the other day who was a couple of years younger than me at school and he still lived in the same village. Well a girl I lived with for 6 years came from this village. So I asked him if she still lived there. He then said that she had died 12 months ago. I was shocked and couldn't believe that none of her family had been in touch. I hadn't spoke to her for 25 odd years but still spoke to her sister & parents whenever I bumped into them. To this day I regret the way we parted & that I never got back in touch.

Out on the road today
I saw a Deadhead sticker on a Cadillac
A little voice inside my head said
“Don't look back, you can never look back”
I thought I knew what love was, what did I know?
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

Out on the road today
I saw a Deadhead sticker on a Cadillac
A little voice inside my head said
“Don't look back, you can never look back”
I thought I knew what love was, what did I know?
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...
I can see you, bonfire night at the pub,
Looking like a Hollywood star
Got the hots for you baby...

Facebook stalked you,
Remember me from burger king?
I felt you up in corner

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.