VAR Thread - 2021/22

All very quiet this VAR thread nowadays - especially when people were adamant that it has ruined the game and fans would boycott.

WSL might be demanding it after the Spurs goal I’ve just witnessed, hilarious handball goal given - 3rd farcical decision that’s happened in the WSL, they would love it but can’t afford VAR.

All very quiet this VAR thread nowadays - especially when people were adamant that it has ruined the game and fans would boycott.

WSL might be demanding it after the Spurs goal I’ve just witnessed, hilarious handball goal given - 3rd farcical decision that’s happened in the WSL, they would love it but can’t afford VAR.
It's quite because we all know it's bent to suit certain teams and outcomes. When Oliver, Dean, Atwell etc fuck up in the middle why do we believe they will get it right watching on TV. More transparency needs to be implemented and the first things that should be done is that all conversations can be heard and all angles should be shown.

It's quite because we all know it's bent to suit certain teams and outcomes. When Oliver, Dean, Atwell etc fuck up in the middle why do we believe they will get it right watching on TV. More transparency needs to be implemented and the first things that should be done is that all conversations can be heard and all angles should be shown.

they’ll always look at ways to make it improve.
It will never be perfect but far better than a ref having to make a blind guess

they’ll always look at ways to make it improve.
It will never be perfect but far better than a ref having to make a blind guess
But that is exactly what is happening still. Why won't they mike up refs as they do in rugby, why don't they show incidents from all angles? Why aren't all clubs made to have screens at their grounds?

But that is exactly what is happening still. Why won't they mike up refs as they do in rugby, why don't they show incidents from all angles? Why aren't all clubs made to have screens at their grounds?
Exactly, both rugby codes have mic'ed up refs.

As far as I'm aware, all superleague teams have screens fitted in their stadiums which show controversial calls..

Absolutely transparent, everyone knows what's going on..

No screens installed at the swamp or dipper central though..

Makes no difference I suppose because VAR show fcuk all on them..

Same in cricket where umpires are given every assistance to reach the correct decisions.

Replays shown are clear and concise, officials can be heard and the TV commentators are clear in explaining what's going on to the watching viewer.

Tennis also has a good system where near as possible fairness is achieved..

The wet spam fan has crawled from under his stone to come on here all smug to tell us how quiet it's all gone regarding VAR..

If VAR is to be taken seriously in football the powers that be need to follow the other sports mentioned above and be completely transparent in their decision making.

Hiding in darkened rooms, whispering in ref's ears with NO accountability whatsoever is not on.

This is why VAR cannot be taken seriously and why club fans like the one I support think it is open to cheating, manipulation of results and flavouring certain terms who generate the most income..

Why wasn't bingo told to leave the field of play yesterday ?

Why was the Leeds player's sent off when it wasn't a red card offence, why didn't VAR inform the ref ?

Did bingo influence the decision ?

Let's not forget the unhealthy amount of penalties that the rags were awarded to get into a CL spot when they were struggling year before last..

The wet spam fan has championed VAR from the off, painted himself into a corner and resurfaces on here (another fans football forum) to tell us everything is fair, must be, 'cos his team has had the most VAR decisions go against them..

Until VAR is opened up, becomes transparent, ref's explain their calls and it is audible, it will always remain dodgy as fcuk to me..!

Exactly, both rugby codes have mic'ed up refs.

As far as I'm aware, all superleague teams have screens fitted in their stadiums which show controversial calls..

Absolutely transparent, everyone knows what's going on..

No screens installed at the swamp or dipper central though..

Makes no difference I suppose because VAR show fcuk all on them..

Same in cricket where umpires are given every assistance to reach the correct decisions.

Replays shown are clear and concise, officials can be heard and the TV commentators are clear in explaining what's going on to the watching viewer.

Tennis also has a good system where near as possible fairness is achieved..

The wet spam fan has crawled from under his stone to come on here all smug to tell us how quiet it's all gone regarding VAR..

If VAR is to be taken seriously in football the powers that be need to follow the other sports mentioned above and be completely transparent in their decision making.

Hiding in darkened rooms, whispering in ref's ears with NO accountability whatsoever is not on.

This is why VAR cannot be taken seriously and why club fans like the one I support think it is open to cheating, manipulation of results and flavouring certain terms who generate the most income..

Why wasn't bingo told to leave the field of play yesterday ?

Why was the Leeds player's sent off when it wasn't a red card offence, why didn't VAR inform the ref ?

Did bingo influence the decision ?

Let's not forget the unhealthy amount of penalties that the rags were awarded to get into a CL spot when they were struggling year before last..

The wet spam fan has championed VAR from the off, painted himself into a corner and resurfaces on here (another fans football forum) to tell us everything is fair, must be, 'cos his team has had the most VAR decisions go against them..

Until VAR is opened up, becomes transparent, ref's explain their calls and it is audible, it will always remain dodgy as fcuk to me..!
Spot on and why aren't the media taking up the fight for the game to be more transparent? Re the Leeds red card, just seen the tackle and it's not even a foul let alone a red. If the card is overturned then surely the ref and the VAR should be suspended for a period of time and retrained. One can almost accept a ref getting it wrong in real time but looking at it again and again and still getting it wrong between the two of them is unforgivable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.