The girl I once knew.

That's exactly it.
And more than anything that's my quandary here.
I feel as though these days I'm good at living in the present as the past and future just cause pain or anxiety. It's taken while to practice it. Drives me mad when people are obsessed with their past (80's nights, listening to the same bands....watching constant re runs of TV shows). And this is almost like a 'you should never meet your hero' and could potentially indeed deflate these wonderful, wistful memories.
She might be right wing, anti vac loon and then - poof - all that is gone.

As we age this is normal. The past will inevitably have memories of pleasure and pain. Many revisit them because in our youth we were young, fit, carefree and had more fun and the energy to do it. Even bad memories we can often look back with some fondness with the passing of time

For humans the mind is our biggest torturer. What we worry about is often never as bad as we fear when it happens.

Hey she could also turn out to be a great person and totally compatible. The memory of the past will still be a good one whatever happens.

The big thing with this memory is at the age you both were our hormones and intensity are at their peak. This wanes as we age. Having said that life is too short and we owe it to ourselves to grab every chance of happiness we can.
Erectile dysfunction and vaginal dryness can be sorted though.

That's exactly it.
And more than anything that's my quandary here.
I feel as though these days I'm good at living in the present as the past and future just cause pain or anxiety. It's taken while to practice it. Drives me mad when people are obsessed with their past (80's nights, listening to the same bands....watching constant re runs of TV shows). And this is almost like a 'you should never meet your hero' and could potentially indeed deflate these wonderful, wistful memories.
She might be right wing, anti vac loon and then - poof - all that is gone.
I love watching New Tricks every night.
It’s a test of dementia.
If I ever watch one I can’t say who did it within 30 seconds…

Met the love of my life back in 1973 both teenagers we were together for 3 years when her dad decided to emigrate to South Africa, I was devastated but had plans to follow but not knowing how to go about it things petered out and we both lost contact for the next 40 years.
we both got married had kids etc but i never ever forgot her...i would often look for her on facebook til eventually i found her living back in the UK little did i know she had been back 20 years and was separated ..to cut a long story short i met her and it was like we had never been apart..i left my wife of 36 years which i am not proud of but the last 6 years with my true love have been everything i could have hoped for,

Met the love of my life back in 1973 both teenagers we were together for 3 years when her dad decided to emigrate to South Africa, I was devastated but had plans to follow but not knowing how to go about it things petered out and we both lost contact for the next 40 years.
we both got married had kids etc but i never ever forgot her...i would often look for her on facebook til eventually i found her living back in the UK little did i know she had been back 20 years and was separated ..to cut a long story short i met her and it was like we had never been apart..i left my wife of 36 years which i am not proud of but the last 6 years with my true love have been everything i could have hoped for,

Bloody hell that's tough on your ex wife but I guess love is love.

Wow mate - that''s some story.

Lot of pain in all this isn't there.

Perhaps why I haven't rushed to return to dating. Had a good steady head down year and seems silly to try and rock it any at the moment.

Jesus thats crazy!

Pretty sure I’ve seen that film.
Hollywood chick flick, can’t think of the name.

Wow !!!! That's harsh but fair play.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.