******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today was the beginning of the End of test cricket as we know it.As much as people like Kohli talk a good game the Ipl and other franchise cricket is what is all about for the players.They may say that test cricket is the pinnacle but they earn more from trawling the world playing T20.Liam Livingstone is nowhere near the england team but is a very wealthy young man and fair play to him from beung an explosive T20 expert.
The West indies have some fine players who have all gone down the get rich quick way to the detriment of thier test side.I think in 20 yrs there will be no call for test cricket apart from England v Australia,Pakistan v India.All round the world the white ball game is taking precedent.The Ecb and Lancs were not insured for covid and face a 20 million loss the BCCI will compensate them the IPLs tv rights are 300 million thats before advertising and sponsorship.The sad thing is in 20 yrs people will not remember great T20 players.Quality test cricketers become legends all followers of test cricket know what i mean.Can anyone remember who won the last blast,Ipl,Cpl Psl and bigbash.Micheal Holding was spot on when he said that all this slog it cricket was bad for the game.

test cricket is dead.... ODI. 20/20. the hundred. white ball cricket is the money

maybe test cricket needs a revamp like playing with a white ball and 90 over maximum per day in a 4 day test
even take away the draw and add a shoot out if the weather takes hold.. a 10 over shoot out winner takes all
this could work in a 2 league format and points and promotion and relegation

test cricket is dead.... ODI. 20/20. the hundred. white ball cricket is the money

maybe test cricket needs a revamp like playing with a white ball and 90 over maximum per day in a 4 day test
even take away the draw and add a shoot out if the weather takes hold.. a 10 over shoot out winner takes all
Cant take the draw away i have had some of the best days at cricket watching England try and hold on or take the past few wickets.I agree there should be 90 overs a day.For me we need it back in schools and on free to air.There is a science to test match cricket we just need to educate the younger generation just like we were.

If you change it too much it stops being test cricket. Applying bonus points to a limited period of the first innings may speed up games as the WTC takes of.

Good TMS podcast yesterday and interesting to get different perspectives from India and the ECB. Have sympathy for all parties and wouldn’t be judging anyone too harshly. Would be surprised if the Ashes tour isn’t similarly affected though hope the world is in a better place by then.

Odd that Yorkshire chose yesterday to publish their report into Azeem Rafiq’s allegations…

If you change it too much it stops being test cricket. Applying bonus points to a limited period of the first innings may speed up games as the WTC takes of.

the way i see it if you don't change then ODI cricket will eat you up

4 day test matches and 90 overs each innings and lose drawing of the game and have a shoot out if the weather take hold ? i like the day night pink ball test matches and this would be ideal in the format

Cant take the draw away i have had some of the best days at cricket watching England try and hold on or take the past few wickets.I agree there should be 90 overs a day.For me we need it back in schools and on free to air.There is a science to test match cricket we just need to educate the younger generation just like we were.

i think taking the draw away is good for new fans. the shootout if the weather comes into account brings in the excitement and better than duckworth lewis in ODI

yes schools need to be involved more and free days out within a school day as a learning lesson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.