#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching it back, he wasnt that bad, jeez
Kaz he was awful, played one pass to Fern and that was his highlight. Lost the ball everytime it went to him. It’s a real shame that his form has evaporated for us, I said before 2 years ago he could have walked into any team in the world

UAreWhatUeat.gif
Beef? It’s what’s for dinner ;)

He might not be at his best at the moment, but I actually though as a team we looked more dangerous in the second half after he came on.

Regardless of how rubish a performance one might have thought it was, I just don't understand the eagerness and ferocity at which some blues go after him. He's rightly starting on the bench at the moment and like it or not, he has been one of our best goal scorers the last 5 years... so Pep is going to bring him on in games to help him play his way back into form.

This version has an OBE & the press are scared to critique…woke innit!

I mean... this is a good example of why people think the unproportionate amount of criticism he gets has underlying sentiments. Bemoaning him not being criticised enough because he's protected by woke culture (Embarassing phrase - somehow being enlightened enough to accept there's an ingrained racial prejudice across society is a bad thing?).

Good result at one of the hardest away grounds in the country, but one of the substitutes is in a poor run of form so let's pile on with hyperbole and condemning attacks. Criticise a performance by all means, but fucking hell some on here are melodramatic.

He might not be at his best at the moment, but I actually though as a team we looked more dangerous in the second half after he came on.

Regardless of how rubish a performance one might have thought it was, I just don't understand the eagerness and ferocity at which some blues go after him. He's rightly starting on the bench at the moment and like it or not, he has been one of our best goal scorers the last 5 years... so Pep is going to bring him on in games to help him play his way back into form.

I mean... this is a good example of why people think the unproportionate amount of criticism he gets has underlying sentiments. Bemoaning him not being criticised enough because he's protected by woke culture (Embarassing phrase - somehow being enlightened enough to accept there's an ingrained racial prejudice across society is a bad thing?).

Good result at one of the hardest away grounds in the country, but one of the substitutes is in a poor run of form so let's pile on with hyperbole and condemning attacks. Criticise a performance by all means, but fucking hell some on here are melodramatic.
I could have saved you the bother charging to his defence. Sterling today is a spent force. Was he a fantastic signing and did he help carry the team? 100 % yes but that is not the sterling we have today is the point. He is showing no evidence that last season was a blip.

I am only judging him on his current form. His attitude is shocking. The laughing after he misses or fucks up play is not a good look. We should all expect and demand more from him.

He's not a central striker. He can't really hold the ball up and doesn't have the close control of someone like Bernardo or Mahrez. Play him in his right position and he'll thrive again, but unfortunately, I think he's someone who is best alongside a proper striker, so it could be another tough season for him.

Not at all. I don’t like to see a player so carefree when he is out of form and potentially costing city points by his blundering performances.

If a player's out of form, I think it's a good sign that they can let something go, and move on. Letting every miss get to you is a surefire way to keep suffering from poor form. If that means laugh it off or give a rueful smile and then go again, fine

Also, "potentially costing City points" is extremely dramatic. How did Sterling potentially cost us points against Leicester, or in fact anyone we've played this season?

Kaz he was awful, played one pass to Fern and that was his highlight. Lost the ball everytime it went to him. It’s a real shame that his form has evaporated for us, I said before 2 years ago he could have walked into any team in the world
I’ve just watched the game again focusing on Raz, you’re talking absolute bollocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.