Ryan Gravenberch

Not sure about our dozens of professionals and data analysts tbh. If there's one area in which City could do better, it's uncovering hidden gems.

Big clubs generally don't take that risk because they don't have to
Not sure about our dozens of professionals and data analysts tbh. If there's one area in which City could do better, it's uncovering hidden gems.

There's a great story about Florentino Perez and Kaka.

In 2002, Jorge Valdano said to Perez, "I've just seen this Brazilian kid Kaka, he's going to be worth €60m one day, but I can get him for 1/4 of that now"

And Perez said, "Wonderful, come back when he's worth €60m".

Super teams aren't the place for kids with potential. Waiting until someone has developed is usually the better way to get them. That's more true than ever now that the prices have shot up for kids.

There's a great story about Florentino Perez and Kaka.

In 2002, Jorge Valdano said to Perez, "I've just seen this Brazilian kid Kaka, he's going to be worth €60m one day, but I can get him for 1/4 of that now"

And Perez said, "Wonderful, come back when he's worth €60m".

Super teams aren't the place for kids with potential. Waiting until someone has developed is usually the better way to get them. That's more true than ever now that the prices have shot up for kids.
Kaka was already a World Cup winner with Brazil in 2002 and went on to reach Champions League finals and win them with AC Milan, something he never did with Real Madrid.

Kaka was already a World Cup winner with Brazil in 2002 and went on to reach Champions League finals and win them with AC Milan, something he never did with Real Madrid.

I don't see how that's relevant to my post at all. The point is that clubs like Real Madrid don't need to concern themselves with signing 19 year olds from Sao Paolo and hope they come good when they can sign them as Ballon d'or winners who walk into the side 5 years later..

Also given Kaka played 10 minutes in that world cup in a dead rubber group match, I'm not sure why you're boasting about him being a world cup winner.

They should sack them all and buy Football Manager, save a fortune

I don't see how that's relevant to my post at all. The point is that clubs like Real Madrid don't need to concern themselves with signing 19 year olds from Sao Paolo and hope they come good when they can sign them as Ballon d'or winners who walk into the side 5 years later..

Also given Kaka played 10 minutes in that world cup in a dead rubber group match, I'm not sure why you're boasting about him being a world cup winner.

Have Real Madrid not done exactly what you are advocating they dont do when they signed Vinicius and to a lesser extent Camavinga and prior to this Odegaard?

Every club is looking for the next ‘big thing’ before they become the next ‘big thing’. Real madrid are no exception.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.