Applauding opposition goals

Rule 1.... Never meet your heroes... they have a terrible habit of not living up to your childhood memories.

Met Nicky Weaver as a kid, he was great.

Some of my mates who are alot older than me met Weaves in nightclubs and said he was a complete cock.

Suppose it depends on the circumstances, but I agree

Yes, I loved good sides. I loved that Arsenal side, I loved Pep’s Barca.

It was always hard to love our side. However I did love the experience. I loved players, even some managers. But I was getting on for 40 before I loved the way we played.
I have ALWAYS loved our side

Rule 1.... Never meet your heroes... they have a terrible habit of not living up to your childhood memories.
Unless it was Colin Bell...took my boys for a corporate birthday treat..emailed the club and said if Colin was about could he come and say hello ? Almost kick off, no sign, so just about to give up when he walked directly to our table and said hello, signed his book,pictures etc. and walked out again. Yes he was very quiet, but believe me, one of the best days of my life. Had tears in my eyes ,lost for words !!!!

Appreciate a beauty scored by an opponent? Yes. Clapping? No. Us conceding and opponent fans cheering somehow doesn’t get my pair of hands working together. Probably more occupied keeping the odd finger down.

But I definitely enjoy the beautiful moments of football. Thing is when we were shite ( and we have been ) these moments rarely contained us. Now that we are playing beautiful football … it’s still rare.

Couldn't help but clap Pollock's goal for QPR. Got very pissed that night on the back of that goal.

I'm another one who was there when Arsenal went 0-4 up in something like 20 minutes. They were absolutely unplayable and everyone in the ground knew they were watching something special. When they scored, everyone around me was clapping. By the time the 4tg went in and we were soundly beaten it was like everyone around us just enjoyed watching a superb football team and had written the game off!

When you think back, you can see the similarities that Wenger shared with Pep. Possession football, great forwards, great to watch. Mind Viera and Petit etc were far more brutal than Fernandinho with the dark arts, but we're still exceptional footballers

I do feel privileged to have watched that game in the flesh. For people to still remember it after all these years tells you how good arsenal were that day. They deserved it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.