The girl I once knew.

Here's my advice for the OP.
Imagine the meeting with your old flame and the subsequent events.
Write down the details of the early and middle parts of your life and the same with imagined years of hers.
Now turn it into a Howard Spring style Manchester novel.
Fame at last!

You're right. The wanderlust has mostly gone now. It's the wonderlust that's left, or maybe more of the wonder and not so much of the lust ...
I understand. It's human nature to wonder what if. It's easy in our minds but harder in reality but such can work.

Met the love of my life back in 1973 both teenagers we were together for 3 years when her dad decided to emigrate to South Africa, I was devastated but had plans to follow but not knowing how to go about it things petered out and we both lost contact for the next 40 years.
we both got married had kids etc but i never ever forgot her...i would often look for her on facebook til eventually i found her living back in the UK little did i know she had been back 20 years and was separated ..to cut a long story short i met her and it was like we had never been apart..i left my wife of 36 years which i am not proud of but the last 6 years with my true love have been everything i could have hoped for,
Your wife sends her regards...

I think we often meet great potential life partners when we are young but it doesn't happen as we are too busy doing other stuff and sowing our wild oats. For me I went away to sea when I was seventeen. I'd meet plenty of girls when I was on leave but then had to go away again for four to six months. Obviously the girl would be out every weekend getting chatted up and I never expected any to wait for me.

Possibly, but you're thinking with your older mindset. Now it might work if you reconnected but you needed to get your wanderlust out of your system first
Definitely. There are a good half a dozen girls that I went out with between being 18-24 who I could easily have settled down with, but I didn’t want to settle down yet and wanted to keep having more fun.

Now I’m 39 and I’m not meeting these standard of girls anymore (and what’s with these stupid lips they’ve all fucking got these days?!)

Typical City!

But now I’m so good at being single that if I did end up meeting one, I reckon I’d miss the single life too much… can’t win!

Definitely. There are a good half a dozen girls that I went out with between being 18-24 who I could easily have settled down with, but I didn’t want to settle down yet and wanted to keep having more fun.

Now I’m 39 and I’m not meeting these standard of girls anymore (and what’s with these stupid lips they’ve all fucking got rude days?!)

Typical City!

But now I’m so good at being single that if I did end up meeting one, I reckon I’d miss the single life too much… can’t win!

Me in a nutshell.

A girl I was seeing, her mother was absolutely right when she said those who waited and played around, would find all the quality girls would have been snapped up when they decided to settle down.

I do feel some blokes just want a surrogate mother though and can't function alone.

Had a similar experience with an old ex GF back in 2000. I'd not seen her since college in 1978 although her sister lived near by and I often saw her for a chat. The GF in question was living in the States after paying some redneck $3000 to marry her for a green card. Cutting a long story short, I was walking across the car park at work and my phone rang...it was her
I've just got married she said, congratulations, I've just got divorced, I replied...now I didn't know how she got my number or if she knew I'd just got divorced. Anyway after some months I went over and had the best holiday ever, 2000 mile road trip from Key West up through Tennessee, canoed through the Everglades, a few Disney shows and parks, getting evicted from Graceland etc etc etc. Went over some time later for a couple of weeks and it was just like being at home, with my mum...take your shoes off, dont do that, dont do this. I finally asked to drop me off at Miami airport, got out of the car and just kept walking, I'd dodged a bullet...or so I'd thought. Moving forward a year or so my then new GF was in my house waiting for me and she called, You'd better come back, there's someone here to see you...It was her, all the way from the States giving it the old ' do you know who I am ' routine to my GF ( now wife ) banging about what we'd done etc etc Embarrasing for me and slightly upsetting for my now wife. I made my excuses and somehow got her to her car and that was the last I've seen or heard of her. I still wonder even now sometimes what she's up to.

Had a similar experience with an old ex GF back in 2000. I'd not seen her since college in 1978 although her sister lived near by and I often saw her for a chat. The GF in question was living in the States after paying some redneck $3000 to marry her for a green card. Cutting a long story short, I was walking across the car park at work and my phone rang...it was her
I've just got married she said, congratulations, I've just got divorced, I replied...now I didn't know how she got my number or if she knew I'd just got divorced. Anyway after some months I went over and had the best holiday ever, 2000 mile road trip from Key West up through Tennessee, canoed through the Everglades, a few Disney shows and parks, getting evicted from Graceland etc etc etc. Went over some time later for a couple of weeks and it was just like being at home, with my mum...take your shoes off, dont do that, dont do this. I finally asked to drop me off at Miami airport, got out of the car and just kept walking, I'd dodged a bullet...or so I'd thought. Moving forward a year or so my then new GF was in my house waiting for me and she called, You'd better come back, there's someone here to see you...It was her, all the way from the States giving it the old ' do you know who I am ' routine to my GF ( now wife ) banging about what we'd done etc etc Embarrasing for me and slightly upsetting for my now wife. I made my excuses and somehow got her to her car and that was the last I've seen or heard of her. I still wonder even now sometimes what she's up to.

There's going to be a knock at your door tonight and she's going to turn up in the same old car she always had. She's been driving around the block for many years.

when i was at school a plump spotty girl always sent me birthday valentines cards etc desperate to go out with her and i always tried to let her down gently as i could feeling sorry for her,cue 15 years later a totaly stunning girl came up to me in a shopping centre who i didnt recognise saying dont you remember me,yep youve guessed it the very same girl basicaly saying the jim bowen line this is what you could have won.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.