Chelsea Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had a look at their recent academy products and their performances this season -

Livramento - 18 yr old RB for Southampton, has been brilliant
Billy Gilmour - 20 yr old CM for Norwich, has been very good
Armando Broja - 20 yrd old striker for Southampton, only sub appearances, but Soton fans have been impressed with him
Hudson-Odoi - 20 yr old, in Chelsea's first team
Conor Gallagher - 21 yr old CM for Palace, has been brilliant
Lamptey - 20 yr old RB for Brighton, has been really good when fit (seems to be injured a lot though)
Marc Guehi - 21 yr old CB for Palace, has been really good
Mason Mount - 22 yr old CM, in Chelsea's first team, incredible player
Reece James - 21 yr old RB, in Chelsea's first team, incredible player
Trevoh Chalobah - 22 yr old CB, in Chelea's first team, has been really good
Tammy Abraham - 23 yr old striker for Roma, has been brilliant
Tomori - 23 yr old CB for Milan, has been good
Jamal Musiala - 18 yr old AM for Bayern, has been their star player this season

I'm not even counting the "promising talents" that are yet to make the grade, just listing the players that are doing incredibly well at their current clubs.

They seem to be doing something right with their academy because that is a pretty big list of fantastic players, all of whom are playing in top leagues like PL, Serie A or Bundesliga.
One thing they are doing right is to be in London. When they scour the world for top talent, just their location attracts plenty.

Huge Blues fan - albeit from across the pond.

Chelsea are going to be extremely hard to keep from the title this season. They've no weaknesses - and simply do not concede goals.

To win the title we'll need to be ruthless - and might well need to take all 6 points from Chelsea.

Reactions: mat
they will run out of luck sooner or later. every match i watch of them they play poorly and get away with a clinical lukaku finish. it's good to convert your chances - but this type of hyper efficiency catches up to you eventually.

Listening to Joel Cole and the Lady pundit, if Chelsea are winning it's a great club to play for, if they loose a few it's crap WTF

Just a really solid team, big, strong, good on the ball and good defensively, no spectacular players besides maybe Kante.

I just had a look at their recent academy products and their performances this season -

Livramento - 18 yr old RB for Southampton, has been brilliant
Billy Gilmour - 20 yr old CM for Norwich, has been very good
Armando Broja - 20 yrd old striker for Southampton, only sub appearances, but Soton fans have been impressed with him
Hudson-Odoi - 20 yr old, in Chelsea's first team
Conor Gallagher - 21 yr old CM for Palace, has been brilliant
Lamptey - 20 yr old RB for Brighton, has been really good when fit (seems to be injured a lot though)
Marc Guehi - 21 yr old CB for Palace, has been really good
Mason Mount - 22 yr old CM, in Chelsea's first team, incredible player
Reece James - 21 yr old RB, in Chelsea's first team, incredible player
Trevoh Chalobah - 22 yr old CB, in Chelea's first team, has been really good
Tammy Abraham - 23 yr old striker for Roma, has been brilliant
Tomori - 23 yr old CB for Milan, has been good
Jamal Musiala - 18 yr old AM for Bayern, has been their star player this season

I'm not even counting the "promising talents" that are yet to make the grade, just listing the players that are doing incredibly well at their current clubs.

They seem to be doing something right with their academy because that is a pretty big list of fantastic players, all of whom are playing in top leagues like PL, Serie A or Bundesliga.
They also identified De Bruyne, Lukaku and Salah when they were young and sold them too quick.

Chelsea = big ugly football. Giant physical players that run for 90 minutes. Tackle hard, foul consistently and often totally outplayed…..but WIN!!
Score from one chance. I would be amazed if Pep has learned a single thing from those 3 Chelsea defeats last season. They are the team to beat this season. Wouldn’t want to watch them every week.

Chelsea = big ugly football. Giant physical players that run for 90 minutes.
“Big, ugly football”?
Then, you’re not going to enjoy the next decade! This is where football is going. Big, strong, fast, physical, efficient, dynamic…

WE are being spoiled by beautiful football, but the antidote, or way to stop it, has been seen numerous times. Strong block defence with quick counter attacks that pull the defenders around and play to the overload. To do that requires big, strong, physical players who can play both ways. We play a system that has at least 7 attack-minded players, but only about 5 defence-minded players, some of whom get caught up ahead of the ball when it breaks down and don’t always have the ability to get back goalside. It is a high risk strategy that relies on owning the ball, so the other team cannot attack that weakness.
Wouldn’t want to watch them every week.
If you were already a fan and they were winning everything in sight, I believe you would be singing a different tune. Tuchel has dramatically changed that club in ways I didn’t think he could, and the 5-4-1/5-2-2-1 he plays, is perfectly suited to both the players he has and this League.

Doesn't matter if they only score 1 goal. They don't concede. Shades of 1-0 to the Arsenal, 2021/22. Favourites for the title.

they dont concede because their keeper rescues them every time not because they are defending well. the opponents get plenty of chances every game! this is unsustainable. we are by far the favourites,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.