Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Those criticising Pep are way too sensitive and misinterpreting what he said.

For any team, it's not ideal when the stadium isn't full. He was saying "the fans help the team" (we are the twelfth player) and that we're more likely to win with a vocal, loud, full crowd.

He wasn't implying City are unique for not having full stadiums (common problem particularly on weeknight games), but the media love the anti-City narratives

Everyone needs to chill out, and support Pep & the team

It didn't look over 40k on my TV, honestly.

There were noticeable gaps in most stands and the third tiers were in some weird darkness.

38k was a good turnout.
You'd have thought differently if you were in the ground mate. On kick-off there were probably less than 30k in but fans were still streaming in a good 15-20 minutes into the game and most sections filled up. 45k-46k for me

Pep needs an hour with a proper supporter, a heart to heart chat. It appears everyone at the club tiptoes around him and it's doing no one any favours. Once again I have no idea what our so called public relations team do, it's a toss up whose worse, them or our ticket office
ticket office gets my vote!

He just wants an intimidating atmosphere for opposition teams. I’m guessing pep wants to make our stadium to be a stadium where opposition teams are scared to go to, one due to the football we play but also the atmosphere.

Don’t think he cares about attendance numbers I think he just wants a constantly loud chanting , singing etc. An intimidating atmosphere. That affects other teams.

I was pissed at the comments and not overly impressed with today's presser but I'm fucked if I am giving cunts like Simon Jordan anymore ammunition.
Me too mate, I do take exception to Blues calling Pep a ****/wanker/prick etc etc etc though, pissed me off as much as Peps comments, not needed to make their point, he made a mistake, time to stick together and move in :-).

The roots of the current tension between Pep and some fans lies in the aftermath of the CL final. I expected the tension and sort of predicted it after the CL final after I saw the negative over reaction to Pep. One of the most successful seasons in club's history ended with a huge wave of criticisms of the manager. Pep probably knows about the consensus among City fans that his tactics in Porto was "stupid","idiotic", "colossal fuck-up", etc. And he most certainly finds this consensus baffling and irrational. So, I'm not surprised in the slightest of what's happening now. Expecting the tension, I wrote back in June that he might leave already after this season. You can see my post in his 20/21 thread.

Now, I've changed my opinion because I think Grealish will help us perform better than expected. I think we'll break goal-scoring records even though we have no proper striker! Some fans may continue to push the self-destruct button, but Pep won't probably pay much attention to them anyway. I hope so.

There's definitely a crossover with the posters who have been at him since the CL final and this subject.

The thing is, there's also massive overlap with the people who wanted him fired last October, and in January 2016.

For a lot of them It's not about the CL, its not about his comments on Wedneday, they just don't like him and they're never going to.

The thing is, there's also almost 100% overlap with the people who wanted him fired last October, and in January 2016.

For a lot of them It's not about the CL, its not about his comments, they just don't like him.
They will get their way soon enough I suppose so for now I'll just enjoy the ride and the success the man brings to our club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.