Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

The club has won trophies before Pep and will do so after Pep. And regarding players, Aguero Kompany, Silva, Toure etc. all came before Pep so that doesn't hold either. I would say those 4 arguably had bigger impact on our club as a whole than Pep.
You might be right but it’s not what I’m talking about. I’m saying we are better off with Pep reputation wise not comparing him to past players.

. I was told 7,000 tickets unsold, split evenly between the home and away sections . 55,000 capacity minus 3,500 away fans, minus 3,500 City fans gives us 48K attendance not the media’s reported 38K. Liverpool’s attendance was given as 2,500 above the grounds capacity including a big Milan support.
Those pesky scousers managed to jib in an extra 6,000 supporters and still got them included in the stated attendance?

You might be right but it’s not what I’m talking about. I’m saying we are better off with Pep reputation wise not comparing him to past players.
I get it but you also talked about how half of our current players joined because of Pep. It's not like we haven't had world class players before him. That's why I mentioned those 4 names as those players had way more impact than the players Pep has bought.

I get it but you also talked about how half of our current players joined because of Pep. It's not like we haven't had world class players before him. That's why I mentioned those 4 names as those players had way more impact than the players Pep has bought.
Yes that’s fair enough.

The main point remains Pep has done more good for our reputation than bad.

. I was told 7,000 tickets unsold, split evenly between the home and away sections . 55,000 capacity minus 3,500 away fans, minus 3,500 City fans gives us 48K attendance not the media’s reported 38K. Liverpool’s attendance was given as 2,500 above the grounds capacity including a big Milan support.
The 38k must have come from City but it was clearly wrong. I reckon it was 48k too

Not saying anything particularly original here but city's fan base recruitment took a hit in the 80s and 90s especially when the club was in turmoil and was kept going by older blues. These older blues including myself are going to need replenishing with younger fans and at matches my impression is a lot of younger faces are starting to appear but it's going to take time to build and for these to bring their kids.

Yes that’s fair enough.

The main point remains Pep has done more good for our reputation than bad.
Again, I disagree with the bolded part. We are already one of the most hated clubs in the world and I don't think the media cares who our manager is. However, when Pep says things like low attendance or Rags and Dippers being bigger clubs, he is not actually helping our reputation imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.