Southampton (H) | Post Match Thread

The team weren't at it, full of mistakes all game. The atmosphere never got going either(very quiet) but I'm not sure how much that would have helped.

Southampton were good for their point but they will be fucked for their next game, they threw everything into blocking every sight of goal City opened up. They were mostly resting on the ball but tried several raids forward with everything they had but their legs weren't up to it. Hence the powderpuff shots from the edge of the box and falling down with cramp after overexerting themselves. Such a stop start game because of Southamptons tactics(rhythm spoiling), hope that's not a sign of things to come with other teams.

I can see lots of overreactions, same every year.

Sterling i think is spent,he looks a shadow of the player from a couple of seasons back,maybe take him out of the squad altogether and that might reinvigorate him but I think I’m clutching at straws..
But he's got a nice smile

And then when KDB gets injured because he's been rushed back from injury you'd be the first **** blaming Pep.
I'd be about the 12th! (I can't type that quick). Also, Kev needs minutes to get back to being Kev, we all know this. But i get your point and disagree with the benefit of hindsight :)

i wouldnt write this team off just yet , we are quite capable of beating both Tuchel and Klippety , we need Stones or Laporte back , Rodri in midfield and Foden & KDB to also start , and see where that takes us.

I would very much like to be wrong but I don't see us beating Chelsea or Liverpool away from home.

We'll be good to get a draw at both grounds.

We have been lucky that we faced a god awful Norwich and Arsenal because against anyone half decent we've struggled.

Credit to Saints they rattled us and looked the more energetic team all game.

As a side note, Delap scored in his first game back, and the brilliant McAtee bagged another two. Delap wouldnt do any worse than Raz did today as striker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.