Southampton (H) | Post Match Thread

Mahrez should have started this game. He gets his knockers but when a team is playing so deep defensively he can be the one to unlock when you can’t get in round the back. We saw some of that from Grealish on the left.

Jesus in the middle offers more than Sterling.

If De Bruyne is fit, I’d like to see him and Phil in against Chelsea and Sterling and Fern out.

Ederson
Walker
Dias
Ake or Stones/Laporte if fit
Cancelo
Gundogan/Rodri if fit
De Bruyne
Foden
Bernardo
Grealish
Jesus/Torres

That’s what I’d go for. All depends on fitness though. If only we had a Haaland leading the Line.

put your knickers back on everyone. liverpool have played one good side so far and couldnt beat them with an extra man.

we’ve dropped points away at spurs with the comedy reserves and now a blip at home

at least we didnt lose, it happens

last season we were utter garbage for the first 2 months remember

The number of times during the game I said”Lost in mid-field.And Pep couldn’t,t see it.pathetic.

The Boys in Blue didn’t give in. They fought to the end. Hard lines lads.

That referee is a ………(insert your own expletive) and Southampton players must have liked the Etihad grass! A few of them spent more time cuddling the grass than kicking a ball on it!!
My positive? At least we didn’t lose and the stupid no mark ref didn’t get to send Kyle off!

Ok so assuming we are going for the no striker upfront for the most part, after having made Jesus on the right and Torres not a confirm starter.

I’d be interested to see a Foden-Grealish-Sterling attacking midfield with Grealish taking the false 9. Can’t do any worse right? At least we have someone who can finish.

Like watching a re-run of the CL final that. Couldn’t cope with opponents operating an extremely aggressive, quick and organised press, which nailed us in possession again and again and again, and no line leading, powerful centre forward to go long to, to hold the ball up and give us a platform. Irrespective of that there were some tired performances out there today. Walker, Jesus, Gunders and Sterling were merely poor, whilst Fernandinho had arguably his worst ever game in a City shirt.
Until Kev and Foden came on we never looked like troubling them. Hard to see us winning anything this season with that discernible weakness unaddressed
Its worrying as even though we put 6 past leipzig they also gave us some problems with their press. They were just more than usless in defence

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.